Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Whew!!

We had a little scare around here this morning. Last evening Dick played basketball as he usually does on Monday evenings. He got "plowed into" by one of the other guys and got his shoulder hurt badly enough to quit playing for the rest of the evening (it has to be pretty bad for that to happen.) When he came home he put ice on it, took a big dose of ibuprofen, and went to bed. However, during the night he had a lot of pain, and this morning he decided to go right to the ER to have it X-rayed, rather than waste time waiting for an appointment at his family doctor. All kinds of thoughts went through my head - what if something is broken and he can't work? He already used most of his precious vacation days going to Sweden. I've been down that "worry road" several times before, so I didn't go far. But I was glad to hear from him later, telling me that he had a "shoulder separation", stretched ligaments or whatever, but nothing torn or broken. He was told that going back to work was dependent on his tolerance for pain. So guess what he did? He went to work. He's one tough guy, believe me.

Now he's sitting at the computer starting the glorious task of income tax filing.

I need to do our lyrics on Powerpoint for the church my worship team will be going to this Sunday. I haven't done anything on Powerpoint for a year and nothing was going right when I started it a while ago. So tomorrow I'll get some help before I get frustrated enough to break the computer!

We got some more laughs over the Pre-K kids again today. When they came into my room today one little girl said, "I like your necklace, Mrs. Stauffer, and I like your shirt, and I like your shoes." Okay, the necklace and the shirt I could understand. But the shoes??? Right now, with the pain I have in my heel, the only shoes I can wear to school are my black Reeboks with my orthotic inserts in them. They most certainly do not look compliment-worthy!! But then the Pre-K teacher said that one of them told her today that he likes the design on her pants. The design??? On closer examination she noticed that there were dots from markers on her pants! It doesn't take much to impress a five-year-old!!

6 comments:

Mari said...

I'm so glad Dick is okay. Those kinds of things do bring out the worrier in us! Aren't little kids the best? We could learn from them. They tend to look for the good instead of bad things in people!

Justabeachkat said...

I'll pray for Dick. Yikes...that sounds painful.

Cute story about the kids.

Hugs!
Kat

Cherdecor said...

Goodness! I certainly hope Dick's shoulder heals quickly. Doing the income tax is enough pain!

Tonja said...

So sorry about Dick's accident. I know that is painful.

Those little ones notice every thing...and I mean everything!

Dianne said...

I hope Dick's shoulder heals quickly...and trust me...income tax filing is anything BUT glorious! :-)

Lynn said...

We're in the midst of tax stuff here too.

Ouch! Make sure Dick rests his shoulder as much as possible when he is not working so it can heal (did you know I am an occupational therapist?). Ice at the end of the day may help too.