This was another full Friday at school, but nothing spectacular to write about. This evening we went to the infamous Shady Maple for Dick's work banquet.
We sat at a table of people that we did not know well. As our conversation progressed I discovered that one of the women at the table had become a foster child at the age of 13. We had such an interesting conversation. I really enjoyed getting to know her. Later they had as entertainment a two-man drama team. They were really, really good - outragiously funny, able to talk with different accents, yet thought provoking too. I thoroughly enjoyed them.
When the banquet was over we discovered it had begun to rain. We drove to Reading to pick up Destiny. All the way home we were in and out of thunder storms. I guess this exhilirating Spring weather we've had the past two days is about to be pushed away by cooler temps. Waaahhh.

3 comments:
Shady Maple . . . . I LOVE eating there, but I have only been there for breakfast a few times, and I love browsing through their downstairs gift shop.
Have fun with Destiny this weekend! And stay out of the rain!
It's been raining here too. And a tad cooler. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs!
Kat
Post a Comment