Yesterday was absolutely packed from beginning to end. I remembered my camera for some things, but forgot it for the most important things.
When I was about to leave for school, Miki called from Sweden to say that they overslept and Dick missed his flight. She was kidding, of course. So most of the time that I was at school I was aware that he was somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean.
We also had Pastor's Luncheon. The pastors of our students were invited to come and eat lunch with the kids from their church. Tables were set up in the gym with the church names on them.
My Middle School Chorus sang The Light of That City for them. They did an awesome job, including the soloists, Hannah Metzler and Derrick Kreider. But do I have pictures of them or of the kids eating lunch with their pastors? Never thought of it until afterward.


After school I got a call from Dick that he had landed in Newark and was waiting to be shuttled to the Long Term parking lot. So while he was driving home from Newark, I was driving to Reading to pick up Destiny for the weekend. He made a long stop at Cabela's, a huge outdoor sports store near Allentown, to keep from getting too sleepy.
So he wasn't home yet when it was time for Destiny and me to leave for the musical at Manheim Central, which was held in the lovely new auditorium at the new junior high school. They did the musical Big. Two of my former students had lead roles, Brandon Kreider and Kelsey Snavely, and three others, Alyssa Nissley, Emma Thompson, and Linzy Hammer, had more minor, but fun, roles. Again, I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!! What is wrong with this brain???? This was Brandon's last high school musical. I got Destiny to take pictures with my cell phone, but the one of me with Brandon got accidently erased. The ones I have here are with Alyssa and Kelsey.
As usual, Brandon was HILARIOUS playing the part of Billy. He is every bit as funny as any comedian on TV, plus he has this awesome voice and brains too. I expect him to have many, many opportunities to do what he loves to do. And I will never let him forget that I gave him his first chance to be funny on stage in eighth grade as Hank, ha, ha!!
And Kelsey!! Oh my word! She had a good, but very soft voice, but she has developed this gorgeous voice that I just could not get over last night. She played the part of Susan without a flaw, a part with many solos and an extreme amount of lines to memorize. I was completely wowed by her. Plus she looked SO CUTE!!
Destiny and I did not get home until 10:30. Dick was here, dozing on the sofa. But he was eager to show us all his pictures he had loaded into the computer and the things he had brought us from Sweden. I'll be sharing some of the pictures when I get a chance.
It was very, very nice to end my day knowing there were three of us in the house. I guess, as Dianne commented, living alone isn't so bad when you get used to it, but I did not get used to it in one week's time. And as I said before, my hat is off to those of you who do live alone.

5 comments:
I am with you on not wanting to live alone. I like it when everyone is back under the same roof. If I could, I would bring all my children back under one roof! Hahahaha!
Glad the traveler is back home!
I'm glad Dick made it back safely and with good memories and pictures!
You sure had a busy day yesterday - it's no wonder you forgot your camera!
You know, I am so bad with a camera. Not that I can't use it. I actually had a photojournalism class as an undergraduate--can even print film. What I'm bad at is remembering to USE the camera. I just get so caught up in the moment, that the camera goes by the wayside. So at least you have some pictures. As for me. . . I'm pictureless!!! (tee hee)
~Cheryl
Glad Dick is home safe and sound! You 3 hAVE A GREAT weekend together! I'll bet Dick will want to sleep!
Sounds like you had a packed full day...WOW! I'm glad Dick made it home safe and sound. I didn't mean anything when I mentioned living alone, it's just the only life I've known for about 18 years! I went from my parents, to living with a roommate, a friend I'd known since Jr High, to living by myself. If I'd had family or someting in-between, I'm sure I'd feel as you do. It's all in what you're used to and I am glad for you that he's home and you can rest easier.
Post a Comment