We had a two-hour delay this morning due to the freezing rain we got overnight. Some surrounding schools were closed, and I was hoping we would too, but now that we put in the day, I'm glad we don't have to make it up later.
Besides it was a good day. I have mostly middle school classes on Wednesdays, also Middle School Chorus. Remember when I said I was going to teach them the Brooklyn Tab song The Light of that City for their individual song at the Jr. High Festival in May? Oh my word, I wish you all could hear them sing it! It just gives me goosebumps. Today as they were singing it I saw the third grade teacher peeking in. I motioned for him to come in so he could hear them better. After they were finished he said, "Was that just the kids singing? It sounded like a recording!" Then he said, "It made my knee tingle." He just had knee surgery a few weeks ago. I told the kids, "If you see him running later today, you'll know it was this song!"
Another song we just started learning this week for the festival is Jubilate Deo by David Brunner. Most of it is in Latin and of a more classical style, which makes some of the kids groan at first. But in two classes today, after we were finished singing I caught someone either humming or whistling the melody. I thought, "Aha! A song that at first seemed hard is already stuck in their heads!"
And in case you missed the addition I made to my previous post, my brother-in-law Scott has MRSA, the staph infection that's been all over the news this winter. He has a long recovery road ahead of him and many complications to overcome. As a teacher he is missing much more school than he ever anticipated, as a children's entertainer he is needing to cancel more events than expected, and Betty is missing a whole lot of work too. She is Director of Kindergarten and Preschool at the local YMCA, where right now enrollment for next year is in high gear. We really need the Lord to show Himself strong. Please pray for them as the Lord brings them to your mind.
8 comments:
I hope your roads are soon back to normal and the ice is cleaned up. I've been wondering about Scott and Betty. I'm sure this is discouraging for them. I'll keep praying.
Love the red background What a difficult time for your sister and husband and family. but Ia m sure God will show a way for them
Happy Valentine's Day sweet friend!
Hugs!
Kat
(come to my place for 2 new awards)
I'm praying for Scott and his family. Keep us posted
********* "B" CLUB BABBLE ********
May all the love you show today
Come back to you in the nicest way!
LOVE
Tonja
Our choir just sang Jubilate Deo on Sunday morning! It is still going through my head! Happy Valentines Day!
There's about a million different Jubilate Deos, Rose. Was the one you did by David Brunner? It's awesome. Our version is actually written just for SAB, but it has brass and organ accompaniment. It will be amazing. We've done other ones by that title before - they're all really good.
Happy Valentines Day!
I'll be praying for your brother-in-law.
Happy Valentine's Day! I'm still praying for Scott and his family.
Post a Comment