
All together now: say e-l-l-i-p-t-i-c-a-l. That's right - elliptical. I know it sounds like a shape, and maybe that's what I'll have after a while - a shape!
I have always enjoyed fast walking as my favorite exercise, either outdoors or on a treadmill. However, because my right heel has been giving me so much pain, it's been almost impossible to accomplish. I've only gone to the gym once a week for three weeks in a row. Dick has been encouraging me to try the elliptical machine at the gym, so today I did. What a workout!
I was only on it half as long as I have usually gone on the tread mill, I walked only half as far, I burned half the amount of calories, but I was exhausted from it. My heart rate was much higher than it normally was on the treadmill, I was sweating, and my legs felt like jelly afterward. But my heel did not hurt while on it, so I guess I will switch my allegiance to the elliptical.Unfortunately, Valentine's Day falls on a Thursday this year, the evening that Dick works at Advance Auto Parts, so we aren't doing anything special this evening. But he did have some chocolates on the counter for me when I got home from the gym. I found a neat card for him that said:
Whenever I see an older couple
holding hands, I pause.
I imagine all they have experienced-
jobs, maybe children,
worries, vacations,
homes, disappointments,
tragedies, joys,
I see their entwined fingers.
I see them walking
in perfect cadence,
comfortable in being quiet.
I see in them the gentle joy
that a lifetime of loving can give.
And I look forward
to the privilege
of growing old
and holding hands
with you.
Happy Valentine's Day
Twenty-eight years ago Valentine's Day was also on a Thursday and I was great with child. At 7:30 PM it became obvious that Jeremy was going to make his grand entrance into the world. I thought I would be having a Valentine's baby, but he wanted his own special day and waited until 12:45 AM. Jeremy has been making grand entrances ever since! I'll post a picture of him tomorrow on his birthday.

8 comments:
very nice poem. what a privlige to have a man so much in love with you
I love the elliptical machine. It's my favorite. Wish I had room (and money!) to have one here, but at least I've got my treadmill.
Your card from Dick was awesome!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
HUGS,
KAT
The box of candy in your header is beautiful, but I'll be glad to see it gone! At least I can't take a piece of it and eat it. MEW
I really liked the card you got for Dick, but I will have to be honest, knowing how fun you are, I was looking for the joke at the end. I can hardly believe you can be serious! Ha! Ha! I guess you are a romantic! Nice card and good sentiments.
Chocolates, YUM!
Oh yeah, here is how I thought it was going to end,
Whenever I see an older couple
holding hands, I pause.
I imagine all they have experienced-
jobs, maybe children,
worries, vacations,
homes, disappointments,
tragedies, joys,
I see their entwined fingers.
I see them walking
in perfect cadence,
comfortable in being quiet.
I see in them the gentle joy
that a lifetime of loving can give.
And I look forward
to the privilege
of growing old
and holding hands
with you,BUT YOU BETTER BEHAVE
YOURSELF OR I WILL HIT YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH MY WALKER! (Just kidding)
Cheryl, you are too funny!!! For that matter, maybe I didn't tell the whole world what I really wrote at the end of the card, ha, ha!!
Mary Ellen, thanks for the reminder. I guess Valentine's is over now, so I should put the candy away!
Loved your Valentine's Day post.
---Looking for the birthday post.
Is everything okay?
I'm working on it!
Post a Comment