Saturday, January 05, 2008

Another cold, but good day

(This post will say Saturday at the top, but to me it's still Friday because I didn't go to bed yet.)

Another freezing cold day in PA. The outdoor temp on my car dash this morning said 13 degrees. I got a call from Jeremy saying it got down into the 20's overnight in Florida. Wow! That's crazy. But oh joy, oh delight, on the seven-day forecast this evening I saw the number 60 next week. That will feel like an absolute heat wave after this!

I had a great day at school. I introduced the Intermediate Chorus (grades 3 - 5) to the musical they will be doing in the Spring Program in May. They absolutely loved it. I also met with my new worship team for the first time - 17 middle schoolers. I always spend the first practice explaining what our goal is as a worship team, giving time for the kids to write and examine their own hearts regarding their relationship with the Lord, their purpose for joining the worship team, etc. I can tell already that this is going to be a special group, one that I will be very sad to part with at the end of the season.

I'm also excited because just today Southwest Airlines began offering some reduced online rates for flights in January. Jeremy is now practicing with a community theatre group who is doing the musical Mame. He has a pretty big role. So I am going down for a VERY short, sweet visit, just Saturday and Sunday, January 19 and 20. To make the visit that much sweeter, there is a birthday party for Sophie that Sunday. So I'm accomplishing two fun things in one short visit. I'll be getting back very, very late that Sunday night, but we have off school that Monday for Martin Luther King Day, so I'll sleep in. The reason I'm not waiting to come home until Monday is because the reduced rates are not available that day.

Well, I took a 30-minute nap and drank a cup of coffee this evening because I had work I wanted to do around here, but I was dreadfully sleepy. So guess what? I did get some of that cleaning up and organizing and throwing away accomplished, but now it's way late and I'm not a bit sleepy. Hmmm, I could play the piano or vacuum, but Dick and Destiny probably wouldn't appreciate being awakened at this hour. Guess I'll just go get in my bed. If I can't sleep, at least I can pray.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed catching up on your lives this morning.

ryc: No, we do not have Jesse. He is with our youngest daughter, Deb, and Josh is with friends Jere and Barb Patches (because one of Josh's best friends is their son, Matthew.)

Mari said...

You sound like me - one little cat nap and then I'm up late. I tend to be a night owl anyway - doing work around the house and being on the computer late. However, I still have to get up for work at the same time in the morning! Glad to hear your year is starting off well at school!

Cherdecor said...

Jean, You DID when the lottery didn't you? You are holding out on us. Dick is going to Sweden and now you are going to Florida! LOL!

I know that both Jeremy and Sophie will be so excited that you are coming.

Jean said...

That's funny, Cheryl, after our banter back and forth yesterday about those crazy email winnings!! You don't miss a trick, do you?!!

Believe me, if I had won the lottery I would not still be living in PA! And Dick and I would not be visiting our children by turns, and I would not be resricting my visit to two days because of bargain-fare ticket availability! Or driving a car with unreliable heat issues in sub-freezing weather! Sometimes a mother has to do what a mother has to do, right?

Tracey said...

Jean,

I am SO glad you're going to be able to fly down to sunny FLA to see Jeremy's next performance! That is so wonderful! Just wish it could be longer so we could get the "B" girls together again!

And I know that Sophie will be thrilled to have you there for her birthday! Lisa will have to post some videos for us!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Love ya!
Tracey