Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Another mountain

Well, it's time for all you prayer warriors to get busy again. There's another mountain to be moved! Our son Jeremy down in Florida has been rehearsing this fall with a community theatre group which is putting on Scrooge, the Musical this weekend and next. He has been so thrilled to be singing and acting again for the first time since he moved to Florida three years ago. The first performance is tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

So here's the mountain: a while ago I got a call from a VERY sick young man - sore throat, fever, achey-all-over, congested head, the whole works! He skipped his class today and is home doing everything he knows to do - resting, taking zinc, drinking lots of tea and water, etc.

So I told him I would get my cohorts to start praying!

7 comments:

Dianne said...

Wow..I hate that! I will definitely pray that it's a passing thing. Keep us posted!

Cherdecor said...

I will definitely pray for Jeremy. Chad has been sick and he just started a new job. At least he doesn't have to sing!

Profbaugh said...

You got it. . . . I'm praying for him right now.

The same thing happened to my daughter last year at about the same time. She had the lead in her high school play. Needless to say, she made it through with the help of decongestants, tylenol, sucrets, and a shot of olive oil before going on stage.

I hope Jeremy feels better soon. Until then I'll cover him in prayer.

~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I'm joining the prayer team!

Tracey said...

Prayers lifted on his behalf here!

Alka Seltzer Cold/Flu always works for me! Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!!!

Justabeachkat said...

So many people I know have had it, including George. I'm hoping and praying I don't get it since we're leaving next Wednesday for NY.

I'll stop and say a prayer for Jeremy just as soon as I finish this comment.

And you know our God...anything is possible for those who believe.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

oh what a terrible thing to happen at the wrong time. we will pray he feels better to abe able to perform.