Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A romantic evening at home

This evening Dick and I spent a romantic evening at home to celebrate my birthday (two days early because that's when it worked best into our schedules.) We ate dinner by candlelight with Kenny G playing in the background. I subscribe to Rhapsody online, and Dick wondered if they have Floyd Cramer (favorite piano music from our teen years.) Sure enough, I found several of his albums. Then while I was in the mood for oldies I even found albums by The Association, including "our" song, Never My Love. After dinner we watched a movie, Safe Harbour, a really good story.

Ray still has not received his orders, but he says he was told that there are no orders for Norfolk for his class. Now we are praying that he will at least get a chance to see Thyda before he's sent somewhere else. I'm still praying something will open up in Norfolk. Every time I sing the song Mighty to Save with the kids at school and we get to the line, He can move the mountains, I think of this situation.

4 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Oh how nice to have a romantic night!

I'm still praying for Ray!

Hugs!
Kat

Anthony Stauffer said...

I'm glad you ended the story with the movie.....

Tonja said...

Oh, what fun! Tell Dick that Last Date by Floyd Kramer is one of my favs. Sounds like a wonderful evening.

Still praying about the Ray situation!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing evening. I'm still praying for Ray. The Lord can do the impossible!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jeanie. I will give you a card next week when I see you. You are a very special sister!