Thursday, November 29, 2007

Major leak

This morning as I was rushing to pack my lunch I thought there was too much noise from the water running down the sink drain. I looked inside the cupboard under the sink and noticed that the drain pipes had separated. It could have been a disaster, except that I keep a really big square Tupperware container down there which holds all my plastic container lids. It was also holding water to the very brim!! And then some. So just when I thought I didn't have a minute to spare, I was unloading all those lids, then taking bowlfuls of water out of the Tupperware container and into another dishpan in order to be able to lift it out without having a major spill. That reminded me of something that happened shortly after we moved here two years ago. That will be my story on Saturday, so you'll have to return then to read it!

Hey, check out Lisa's blog to see her huge Travelers Palm tree and the enormous flower it is producing. She has such a green thumb. Sometimes I don't even think she's related to me, but I know she is - I saw her come out!! She just got most of her genes from Dick's mother somehow.

I am trying to be content with the fact that I will not be going to Birmingham, AL this weekend. My four very best Southern blogging friends (Kat and Tonja whom I met before, and Tracey and Dianne whom I still never have) plus some others, will be having a "B" Club get together in Birmingham this weekend. If it were not just two weeks before my weekend of school and church Christmas programs, I WOULD be down there. Missing out on this is almost as hard as when I had to miss going to my niece's wedding in Idaho with my sisters in May - that time because of my Spring program. Boy, these programs just interfere with my social life, don't they? If I could just figure out how to make money from socializing, ha, ha!! But you know me - I just hate to miss out on anything. Heavens, when I'm together with my sisters I hate to even go to the bathroom for fear I'll miss something someone says!! So Tonja, you'd better take minutes again, because I DON'T want to miss anything!!

Ray went back to VA again today. He found out Thyda's ship doesn't leave until Monday, so he can actually get to spend some time with her this weekend. Unfortunately, this means he'll spend his 25th birthday next Tuesday all by himself. He said he told his officer that he felt like he had the whole United States praying for him the other week when he was waiting for his orders. Thanks to those of you who did intercede on his behalf.

My kitchen sink (and those 57 plastic lids in my dish drainer) are calling my name, so I guess I'd better go give them some attention.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my what a time you have never a dull moment at you r house is there. Will I see you on sunday I work Sunday morn. But I will be at the dinner later with my two granddaughters.

Anonymous said...

I see the follow up comments with my e.mail address you can e.mail me anytime

Jean said...

I'll be there later too. We have Christmas program practice until 2:30. I hope people are still at the reunion by the time we get there.

Dianne said...

I am trying to not think about the fact that you won't be in Birmingham too. I WILL MISS YOU! :-(

Tonja said...

Never fear...I will take such good minutes, that you will swear you were right there with us...except for the extra weight we will have added due to proper sociallizing ettiquette!

Unknown said...

Ah, the perpetual challenges of life– or what God calls character building. I could use a break now and then. (Did you hear that God?) {{GRIN}}

I think I mentioned on a previous visit that my hubby, Barry Miller, is from Reading, PA. I notice that you lead Worship, too. I teach Voice and I lead Worship as well. I wish I lived close enough to visit your church!

Best Blessings, KJ
California