This was a happy day for my deer hunter. It looks like we'll be eating some venison this year. I know some of you can hardly stand the thought of an innocent deer being shot, so I won't go into any details or show any pictures. It's hard for me to think of it too. But in Dick's defense, there is an overpopulation of deer in PA, and when that occurs they come out of their natural habitat, roaming farmland and crossing roads and highways. There are many car accidents caused by deer, as one of our teachers experienced over the holiday. Imagine having your family of six all in your car, traveling 70 MPH down a four-lane highway and suddenly being struck from the side by a deer trying to cross. Scary and dangerous, to say the least. Thankfully they were not injured.
I want to share a few things from Jeremy this evening. In order to speed up the time it will take to get his degree in interior design he is now going to school full time, which means tight finances. He recently played piano at a wedding and earned enough money to buy himself a bike. He hoped to be able to get a bike rack for his car as well. Last Saturday he took some stuff out to the dumpster in his community. A lady was also there putting things into the dumpster from her car. She said, "You couldn't by any chance use a bike rack, could you?" He said, "Actually, I just got a bike and was hoping to get a bike rack." She said, "Well, I have one here I don't use anymore and I can't even lift it into the dumpster. If you can use it, you can have it." Jeremy said to me, "What are the chances we would both be at that dumpster at the exact same time?" I said, "That's God, Jeremy."
Today when we were talking he said, "Mom, you would be so proud of me. My Mennonite environmentalist roots are showing." He went on to say that something is wrong with his dryer, it takes a very long time to dry a load. So he has put four rows of clothesline on the balcony off his bedroom, enough to hang an entire load of laundry. He said he was thinking of taking a picture of it so I could put it on my blog. Ha, ha!!
I'm not allowed to have clothesline here in our community, but I do have one between the sun room and our shed, not noticeable from the street, and just long enough to hang our sheets. Ahhh, crawling into bed on sheets that have that wonderful line-dried fragrance. I should have added that to the list of things that make me happy that I posted a few weeks ago.
Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow will be my first rehearsals on the stage and I must get to school really early to get everything ready.
4 comments:
I must say congrats to your husband on his deer. I know men get so excited about hunting!
The bike rack story is nothing but COOL, and evidence of God at work. I'm glad that worked out.
My friend Gina and I were just talking yesterday about sheets dried on a clothesline. I've never slept on sheets that have been dried outside, but she has and said there is NOTHING like it, so it's pretty cool to hear you say the same thing today. I may have to try that sometime! :-)
Tell Dick, Congratulations.
Congratulations to Dick on the bagging of a deer!
You can take the boy out of Lancaster, but you can't take Lancaster out of the boy! LOL!
Only my mother hung sheets on the line. Not me, I am afraid of bugs and crows who like to white wash our fences so I would be afraid that they might white wash my sheets and I wouldn't see it. I might be missing out on something because of my fears, but I opt for Mountain Spring Fabric Softener.
Alan tells me that I am a city girl raised on a farm. (Smiles)
Oh, I just love it when Gosd shows up and blesses us. And, I love it even more when it happens to one of my children...and they recognize it!
I understand about the deer. Will tells me the same things about the ones here....but, let's just not think on those things...M'K?
Good luck on your staging today.
Post a Comment