This was not a day of rest for us, that's for sure! After church this morning the families of the children who are in the Christmas musical had lunch together. We had our rehearsal immediately after lunch until 2:30.
Dick, Destiny, and I came home, I put the 10 pounds of sloppy joe meat I had made yesterday in the oven to reheat it, I took a 30 minute nap, then we were off to my family's get together at Doris's church.
This was our last time with Barb and John for a while. They are leaving early tomorrow morning to return to Idaho. We had a good time together, including some singing. Doris, Barb, and I sang as a trio for years, so of course whenever Barb comes to PA we need to do some of our songs together. It always feels like we never stopped - our voices just blend so well. The only thing is, now it's harder for all three of us to look off the same piece of music - everything looks so much smaller and more blurry than it used to!!
After we left there we took Destiny back home, and now my head and my eyes are telling me to take them to bed. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
3 comments:
I know what you mean Sundays aare not what they used to be. Go to church come home eat lunch and then naps or play games and just have family time together. Sundays were always good days. Like everthing else things seem to change and not for the better always
No rest for the weary! I look forward to seeing the photos.
Hugs!
Kat
Mine wasn't a day of rest either...and I'm tellin' you...I LOVE my Sunday afternoon naps!
Post a Comment