Thursday, August 02, 2007

A sweet day

I guess I'd better post something so you don't have to look at my prior headline about the bridge collapse. I suppose everyone has seen and heard enough about that already. I confess I'm a news junkie, but even I get to the point where I realize the media is milking every tiny aspect of it for all it's worth.

This morning our weekly prayer meeting was held here since my pastor's wife is on vacation. What a sweet time of prayer and sharing I had with my dear friends Betty and Chris.

Destiny wanted to make cookies today. I very seldom bake, but I decided to make a memory, so we made peanut butter cookies with sprinkles on top. She was even able to read most of the recipe! I sent most of the cookies with her when I took her back to her mommy. Of course I ate a few and saved some for Dick too.

When I grew up we always had homemade cake, cookies, or pie for dessert. I started out that way after we were married, but as the years and the pounds accumulated, I baked less and less. Now the only time I bake a dessert is for a special occasion.

Which reminds me, before Lisa and George came last month I made blueberry pies for the first time in many years. I have a cherry pie recipe that is hand written by my mother (she died in 1982, so you know I've had that card a long time!) Her recipe calls for red food coloring. So since I was adapting the recipe to blueberries instead of cherries, I decided to put blue food coloring in it. BIG MISTAKE!!! The pies were delicious, but they looked almost flourescent - especially on our teeth and tongues! We just cracked up laughing at each other!

6 comments:

Cherdecor said...

LOL! Where are the pictures? We want to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

the memories we have it is wonderful to have them

Dianne said...

I wanna see pictures too! :-)

Justabeachkat said...

So funny. After reading about this, my first thought was to leave a comment asking you where are the pictures. Then I see everyone else beat me to it.

Sooooo....come on, bring out the pictures. I, for one, would love to see you dear friend with blue teeth. LOL

What are friends for!

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

Well, my dear curious friends, believe it or not, I never thought of taking a picture! I think I must have thought the camera was for Sophie only that evening. Ha,ha!

Tonja said...

This made me laugh, Jean. As the world's WORST cook...it totally sounds like something I would do.

Have a good weekend

Tonja