I did not go anywhere all day long today, not to the gym, not even to get the mail. (So if you sent me something, I didn't get it yet. Ha, ha!) Destiny wasn't here so I decided to use my uninterrupted time to catch up on delayed bookwork, bill paying, and mail. It took hours. Then I spent the rest of the day finishing up the project I started earlier in the week of reorganizing all the worship team musicians' notebooks. For a long time I was listening to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir as I worked. Their music just puts me in the presence of the Lord, so I also ended up crying and praying a good bit as I worked. Other times I was so blessed I just couldn't keep my hands down. There just is nothing as awesome and sweet as the presence of the Lord.
I made a pan of lasagna with some of the spaghetti sauce I made last week. I'm trying to get away from using regular "white" pasta, but I just hate the flavor of whole wheat pasta. Lisa introduced me to Barilla Plus pasta, which is not 100% whole wheat, but it has other nutritious things added. That brand, however, does not make lasagna noodles, so I substituted with Penne. Amazingly, after it was baked it tasted exactly like normal lasagna. Except mine is better than normal lasagna because it's made with my spaghetti sauce. Just ask my children.
I am joining a group of bloggers who have committed to reading a chapter of Proverbs per day this month. I'm supposed to put a link here, but I'm too sleepy to figure out how to do it. I have read the book of Proverbs this way many, many times in the past. But it's been a while, and I know that as we get to different places in our lives different scriptures speak to us that didn't seem to before. Besides, I got this Message Bible this summer, and I decided it would be interesting to read the Proverbs in it. Is it ever!! The language is supposed to be current, so sometimes it's just plain funny. Like the last few verses of chapter 3 - "He gives proud skeptics a cold shoulder, but if you're down on your luck, he's right there to help. Wise living gets rewarded with honor; stupid living gets the booby prize."
2 comments:
I LOVE the message Bible, too. I use it alot as a reference, and just to read for pleasure. It's true, it can be funny sometimes.
Tonja
Oh that verse gave me a chuckle. I've never used or seen the message bible so it surprised me with its wording.
Hope your weekend is good.
So glad you're reading Proverbs with us.
Hugs!
Kat
Post a Comment