Thursday, June 28, 2007

Feeling good about my accomplishments today

Nothing funny or exciting happened around here today, but I feel good about my accomplishments. Besides working out at the gym this morning, I gave the master bathroom an old fashioned "house cleaning" from top to bottom, inside and out. I also gave Destiny's room a thorough going-through and cleaning. I went through all her toys and decided what things she probably will not want to share with a two-year-old next week, and put those things up on her closet shelf. I also threw out some things (she was at Abby's this evening while I did this, so she'll never miss the stuff), and then put the rest of the toys on the shelves. So we're ready for you, Sophie!!

Sophie loves calling people and telling them about the upcoming trip on the airplane, so this afternoon Destiny and I listened to her tell all about it, and I found out later she also called Grandpa at work. How are we ever going to wait another whole week??

We've been getting rain - last evening, and again this evening. Dick loves when the Lord does the watering and he doesn't have to!

The walk project is coming along. The frames are in place and the stones are laid. I think he plans to do pour the concrete on Saturday. Tim, the guy who's doing it, was our little neighbor boy when I was a teenager. I have seldom seen him in all these years. It's fun to look out and watch him work. Sometimes I can see that little boy, and other times he reminds me of his dad.

4 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Well you beat me by a mile with your chores today. I did a little ironing and some computer work, but basically I spent the day just loving on Miss Daisy and keeping her calm.

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

That was what you needed to do today, so you're not a mile behind me!

Dianne said...

Wow...I love days like that, I just don't have too many of them! Smart thinking too to go ahead and put away some toys so they won't be a temptation next week. I absolutely can't wait to hear how much fun you have with Sophie. You'll have to give us ALL the details! (and I DO mean ALL!)

Cherdecor said...

It sounds like Sophie will not be able to wait another whole week. Her excitement is probably keeping her awake at night.