Wednesday, January 18, 2006

This crazy weather

When I woke up very early this morning I thought maybe we were having a blizzard and would have off school. But to my disappointment, I looked outside and realized it was wind and rain, not snow. I looked on the website for Channel 8 and saw that the current temp was 61 degrees!! I stepped outside, and sure enough, it felt like a stormy summer morning! We had extreme wind all day and the temp went lower and lower as the day went on. I think it is to get down into the 20's tonight. Such bizzare weather!

Destiny's first dental check-up went fine yesterday. However, she has 3 cavities between teeth, so we must now go to a pediatric dentist to get them taken care of.

I confess that I watch the American Idol contest each year. I hate that title, but I do enjoy hearing the vocal talent. I also hate the derogatory remarks of some of the judges. I cringe for some of the people and cry happy tears for others. My conscience won't let me just sit and watch TV when I have so much to do, so I always try to plan things I can do at the same time when the show is on, like grading papers, sorting laundry, folding laundry, etc. Okay, have I made enough excuses and explanations?!!

No comments: