Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A lot accomplished

We had off school yesterday for Martin Luther King Day. It was just what I needed. I got SO much done - appointments made, important phone calls taken care of, my vertical blind at the sliding glass door hemmed up (it touched the floor and and that always messed it up), the family calendars that I had made for our kids are ready to take to the post office, Christmas cards, letters, pictures from people are all put where they belong instead of cluttering my desk, and I even got the awesome song that my Middle School Chorus will sing at the Jr. High Festival arranged on my computer, all ready to copy and start working on tomorrow in chorus period. I never made it out of my pajamas, but that's okay! I am READY for a shower and a change of clothes this morning!!

Destiny did a great job of playing on her own yesterday, always close by though. We rented the movie Parent Trap this past weekend (the original, which is so much better than the updated one). She watched that too yesterday AGAIN. I think she has watched it every day since Friday. She likes the part where the twins sing to the parents, "Let's get together, yeah, yeah, yeah." She really gets into it. This morning she will finally have her first dentist appointment. Our dentist (a very motherly Asian lady) called here last evening to talk with Destiny and introduce herself to her. I thought that was so awesome.

No comments: