Tuesday, May 05, 2026

Fun time with Sammy and Bianca

 I'll start with the pictures I took after choir practice on Thursday evening.  The sky was so beautiful.






This is our beautiful steeple.



On Saturday afternoon we met up with Steph to get Sammy and Bianca!  I was so happy it worked out last minute for them to come.  I had not seen Sammy since our Christmas fondue!!  But he was the same sweet guy.  

We first of all went to Troy's Philadelphia Style Hoagies and used the four coupons I had bought from our church's fundraiser.  We took the hoagies home to eat them.  



The kids wanted to have a movie night.  Sammy suggested the movie The Pianist.  It is the true story of classically trained Jewish pianist Wladyslaw Szpilman in Warsaw, Poland during WWII.   These kids love history, and we've watched The Book Thief several times.  But wow!  This was hard to watch.  Such horrible brutality and loss and hunger.  And yet a few merciful people here and there.   

On Sunday at church we had the baptism of a brother and sister.  And a fellowship meal afterward.  





Then it was home to pull out the Monopoly game!!!  




After an hour or so Sammy said he was hungry for Rice Krispie treats.  So we put our game on hold and checked my supplies in the kitchen.  Sure enough!  I had everything we would need to make them.  YUMMM!!  There is nothing like warm peanut butter Rice Krispie treats!!  We ate half the pan before they had a chance to cool off, hahaha!


Then we were ready for Monopoly again.  As usual, Sammy got richer and richer while Bianca and I got poorer and poorer!


We kept getting sent to jail.  At one point Sammy decided that he was just going to stay there rather than take the chance of paying rent to the rest of us.  He thought that as long as he never throws doubles there was no limit to how long he could stay in jail.  But we looked at the rules and were sure that after three times he had to pay $50 to get out.  He was sure it did not specify that.  We asked Google, which seemed to agree with Bianca and me.  Then Bianca called Steph, and she said that absolutely after three turns he had to pay to get out.  Steph to our rescue, woohoo!!

One time we all landed in jail at the same time.  I said we were having a family reunion in there, haha!



When there was no hope for Bianca or me to win, we decided we were ready for some fresh air.  I took a walk around the block and the kids went down to the playground behind our house.  








In case you're wondering what Dick was doing all afternoon, he was sitting in his recliner watching TV.  We always joke that we can't concentrate on our Monopoly game unless there is the sound of the TV in the background, hahaha!  

Then we packed up and took them to meet Sam and Steph half way between our places.  



I'm so glad these kids still like to come to our house!  Today in my Facebook memories this picture was there from 2019.




And I'll end this again with some adorable pictures from Destiny's family.  I took some of these while we were Facetiming.  Others she sent me.  I think we will finally get to see and hold and kiss Ketsi and Elizer in about a month when they come here for a few days.  So eager for that!!





3 comments:

Mari said...

Oh Jean, I love this. Time with these kids is precious. They are growing so fast. Sammy especially is looking so old. I know you treasure every moment as I do.

Barbara said...

Adding peanut butter to rice krispy treats has been suggested to me twice now. I must do that next time! Thanks for visiting my blog (via Terri D). You appear to have a very loving family. Blessings to you!

Terri D said...

You document all the love so well, Jean! The kids are all so precious and I am excited for you that Ketsi will soon be in your arms for a nice visit! Bianca should be the "banker" next time you play Monopoly! The banker, somehow, always seems to win!! No accusations, just an observation made from experience!! LOL Love you!! xo