Tuesday, August 19, 2025

A FUN, FULL week!

 

Last Monday and Tuesday we packed as much as we could into the days.  


Sammy and Bianca wanted to go to the Penn State Library, as they usually do when they're here.  My feet were not up to all that walking this time, so I was thankful that Destiny was happy to take them.  


Elizer and I had a lot of fun with play doh, as I also put load after load of sheets and towels and Sammy and Bianca's clothes through the washer dryer.  






We also had some crazy fun with Snapchat filters!




Here are some of Destiny's pictures from the library.




A few pictures from the top floor of the parking garage.  It was a beautiful, clear day.




When they came back to the house Sammy put some music on the TV, and Elizer was feeling it!



I helped Destiny to make one of her favorite recipes for dinner - Salmon Sushi Bake.  It was SOOOO good.  We all loved it!



That night I stayed up to watch a movie with the kids, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."  I guess it's old, but I'd never seen it before.  Lots of laughs!  I also got lots of sheets folded as I watched, so it wasn't a total waste of time.


On Tuesday morning I had a doctor's appointment.  When I got back home around noon we all crammed into my car to take Sammy and Bianca home to Jenn's house in Duncannon (about an hour-and-a-half drive.)  I think Bianca was very ready to get out of the car when we got there.  Being the smallest, she was the one in the middle of the back seat next to Elizer's car seat, and it was a very tight fit.  We all exclaimed how much we miss my minivan!!


This is the only picture I took on Tuesday.  Always fun building huge buildings with Grandpa.




On Wednesday morning we went for groceries, then I made curried chicken thighs for Anthony and Lori's family and grilled sausages and peppers and onions for us.  Meanwhile Destiny got the LEGOS out, and she and Elizer had such a nice time building together.  I had put that on her list of things to do that week!  The bottom pictures were taken in the evening after their "apartment building" was finished.   Elizer wanted to hug his baby sister on the bottom right picture.



In the late afternoon Destiny and Elizer went with Lori and Hunter and Lori's mom to Ag Progress Days, an annual event put on by Penn State's Ag College.  Dick met them there after work.


I stayed home for some desperately needed quiet time to get some work done at my desk. 


On Thursday Destiny, Elizer, and I went to Ag Progress Days again.  Anthony and Hunter were there too. Destiny drove us around on a golf cart because of my feet.  It did not cost anything!

I enjoyed seeing some old milking things, almost exactly like my dad used when I was a child. 

 

The weather was REALLY hot.  As we sat under a tarp eating our lunch it started to thunder.  We went to a tent where there were chickens and some cattle.  While we were there the clouds let loose!!  It POURED hard and blew and thundered and lightninged.  (Well, that's a funny-looking word!)  



We hung out in that tent for a long time.  The tent was getting streams of water all through it and items on display tables were blowing across the tent.  I felt sorry for the vendors.  

When the rain ended, the sun came out with a vengeance!  And we had a lot of fun checking out other places.  



In the evening some friends from church stopped by to see Elizer.  We had a great time, but I never thought of taking pictures, which really disappoints me.  


On Friday morning Elizer and I took a tour around the house to see the flowers, and I got a cute picture of him in front of the coleus and begonias behind the side porch.  It was my last picture of him before his much-needed haircut.  


For our last evening together we went to College Buffet for Chinese.  We have often gone to this place to celebrate Destiny's birthday, which is coming up in September.  Her friend Hailey went with us. 


Back at home the LEGOS came out again.  And then it was bubble bath time for Elizer. 

On Saturday morning I took the picture on the left from the kitchen as he was waiting for his garlic toast - the first thing he asked for each morning.  The other picture was taken after he was strapped in for the trip to Indianapolis.  


We said our goodbyes, and then they were off.  So many good memories to hold in our hearts from the past week.  We stayed in touch throughout the day, and they arrived home before 5 pm. 


What a strange feeling to have such a quiet house after more than a week of family and activities.  I had lots of catching up to do, so I was glad for the chance to do that.  But my heart felt sad too. 

Of course, my sweet flowers always cheer me up!



2 comments:

Mari said...

I think you need a week of rest after all that! It was a busy week, full of love! Every time I see Sammy and Bianca I can't believe how old they are looking.

Terri D said...

Jean, I don't know how you do all that you do! You really are the Energizer Bunny! I love how your family rallies around and everyone has fun, no matter the time or place. The love you all have for each other shines through all the time. I'm glad Destiny Elizer made it home safely. Thanks for sharing the fun with us!