Just got done with one post and need to start another one. This one will have flower pictures because we have actually had some true summer weather!!!
Here are pictures from the festival on Saturday afternoon. First we gathered to pray before it started. The food line was in the sanctuary. They had pushed the chairs front. There's a side door that people entered right where the cafeteria line started.
There were plenty of tables in the social hall for eating and there were tables under canopies outside too. It was hot outside, but a nice breeze under the tarps.
All kinds of fun things to do outside.
The piniàta was a big "hit" as always!!
When it was over we began the clean-up and also had a meeting to discuss what went well, what didn't go so well, etc to plan for next year. We were a hot, tired bunch by the time we were finished cleaning up and getting everything in place for church in the morning.
On Sunday morning I walked into the back of the church and there were all the same people that had been doing the clean-up Saturday evening. I said, "Well, here we are again!" And we all laughed.
It was a special service because our beloved district superintendent Brenda is retiring. Her support was so crucial throughout our building process. And she also was the one who asked Jim to come as our pastor because of his prior experience in construction. There were many ways she was honored by all ages.
Afterward we had a chicken a waffles meal - her request. I think it was the best chicken and waffles I'd ever had. We had a great kitchen crew!
Later on Sunday we and Anthony and Lori and the boys went to Whipple Dam to cool off. It was a REALLY HOT day!!
The water was really, really cold since we've had a very cool Spring. But eventually we got in all the way to our necks, haha!! There were a lot of people there, but I think we were the last ones in the water.
This has been a REALLY hot week. Dick has been home the past two days after experiencing extreme exhaustion at work on Tuesday. They do not have AC in the shop. He's feeling much better by this evening and plans to go to work tomorrow. Our temps will be more reasonable for the next few days.
And now more flowers.
My first lily.
The other day I thought I was taking pictures of flowers and only realized when I came inside that my camera was on the reverse setting and I just got a bunch of pictures of my face and the blue sky, hahaha!!
3 comments:
I'm with you, June is the best!
Flowers are such a gift from God. I so enjoy walking around and looking at them (and taking pictures too, although the pictures of you taking pictures were pretty good). :)
Your Strawberry fest always is a hit. Do you know I've never had waffles and chicken?
It's so hot here too, up near 100 most days and it's been VBS week! Glad Dick is feeling better, it's not something to fool around with.
Your flowers are all so beautiful and the colors are gorgeous! Had to giggle at your selfies! Well done! Your festival seems to have been a great success!! That body of cold water looks like a great place to cool off and have fun!! Thanks for catching us up!! xo
Hi Jean! I agree that June is a beautiful month! You are always so busy with church and family gatherings. I am not sure where you get all your energy, but I am sure that love for all the people in your life is a big part of it. You are always helping and doing things for other people and you are a great example of Christian love and service. Your flowers are beautiful! I hope your temperatures cool down and that you enjoy the rest of the week!
Post a Comment