Did I show you the flowers Dick gave me for Mother's Day? There actually were three red roses, but I didn't take a picture until after I had to throw two of them out. I love them so much!
Last week Lori was away on a work trip (in Panama!). I helped Anthony out by taking Hunter to school each morning and picking him up from his after-school program. He is such a fun kid! We played lots of games as we drove - the alphabet game, the "I Spy" game, the "I'm going on a trip" game.
He loved going to this park near their place, because he has met a few kids there that he likes to "play" with. Mostly he talks the whole time and loves when people think he's funny. LOL!!
Thursday was a gorgeous day on that hill. He met a few new kids while we were there. Then I took him home. We had choir practice in the evening.
On Friday morning after I took Hunter to school I went for some groceries. I was amused by these ducks!! It looked like they couldn't agree on where they were going.
I made a new BBQ chicken recipe that day. I picked Dick up at work when he got off at 5:00, we went to Hunter's school and picked him up, then we went to the playground near their place and give him ten minutes to play. There were a few kids there that he hadn't met before, but he had fun impressing them with his humor, lol! It had turned very cool and cloudy that afternoon and started raining lightly just as his ten minutes were up.
After we took him home we drove to our "halfway point" near Harrisburg to meet Destiny and Ozzy. We were getting Elizer for the weekend. We got him a cheeseburger at the Hardees drive-through where we met. He fell asleep on our way back home - soon after 8:30. I thought, "Oh no, this is going to be a late night for me." I assumed he would wake up when we got home. I was wrong! He went right back to sleep on the couch. Later I took him to the bathroom to pee, I put a pull-up on him and put him in the guest room bed. He went right back to sleep.
I slept in on Saturday morning and was awakened at 7:30 am by a little boy standing next to my bed saying, "Hi Grandma, it's wake-up time." Melt my heart!
It was a dreary morning outside. Grandpa and Elizer had a lot of fun building with the Lego blocks and then the marble roller.
When there was a lull in the rain they went outside because Elizer wanted to ride his "wheeler."
After lunch we went to pick up Hunter and took the boys to Get Air.
By the time we took Hunter home the sun had come out and I was able to get some beautiful pictures of their rhododendrons.
When we got home it was really sunny and warm. We decided it was too wet to start a fire, so we settled for grilled hot dogs and eating on the side porch. First time for this year and I loved it!! We have had such cool, rainy weekends this spring.
We went to church Sunday morning. The choir did the song "Never Once." This arrangement of the song had a verse of "'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" in the middle of it. The lyrics of those two songs were a powerful testimony to what we have experienced in the last year of building our new church.
One of my choir members had a gift for me. I CRACKED UP when I saw it!!! That is an issue at practice many times!
When we came home from church it was too beautiful to be inside the house. So we sat on the porch for a while. Of course Elizer did not sit.
This arrangement that Anthony and Lori gave me for Mother's Day is SO beautiful!
After we ate some leftovers for lunch we loaded up both of Elizer's bikes and went to "airport" park. Anthony dropped Hunter off. Elizer had fun riding his little bike and Hunter had fun riding Elizer's new bike. Both of them were a bit too big for the bike they were riding, but they didn't care.
Next step will be teaching them to ride without training wheels. Ugh. I'm not sure where we would do that. Anthony and Lori's place is on steep hill. Our place is right on the street.
Another picture of the rhododendrons when we took Hunter home.
Destiny and Ozzy came all the way to our place to pick up Elizer that evening. They didn't have time to stay, so we pretty much said "hi" and "goodbye."
We are having SUMMER!! And I love it!!
Monday morning I had to get some things at Walmart. Would you believe that someone with an identical van to mine parked right beside me while I was shopping. When I came outside, I somehow walked right past my own van and opened the back hatch door of the second one. I immediately realized that that wasn't my stuff in there. I quickly shut it and looked around. Lo and behold, there was my van right beside it. I'm really glad no alarm went off. And I'm pretty sure no one saw what I did. When I pushed my cart to the cart return I looked around before I took this picture.
Monday evening our women's group had a mountain pie party. The weather was PERFECT.
Once again, with no one to pick up or take anywhere this week, I am struggling with motivation. It's not that I don't have a long list of things to do. It's that those things do not have deadlines.
I had a dentist appointment this morning (Tuesday) and afterward strolled through Michaels and Home Goods. I didn't buy one thing. I'm always looking for things in colors that are apparently no longer in vogue. And everything is so overpriced.
Well, that's enough complaining. It's a hot summer day, which I LOVE, and now I'm going outside to do some weeding.
It is great that Hunter and Elizer get along so well. I giggled at Hunter being the group comedian! I'm sure he is good at it!! Enjoy your downtime, Jean!! You go all the time!
Our old Honda CRV was maroon and there are many Honda CRVs that color so more than once I got in the wrong car. So embarrassing. I can totally relate to you opening the hatch on the wrong vehicle. I finally put some stickers on the window of our CRV so I could tell it was OURS! You have so much energy and do so many fun things with your grandchildren. So glad that you are still seeing a lot of Destiny and Elizer. Looks like you had a very nice Mother's Day. It's always nice to see what is going on in your world. See you again soon!
3 comments:
Fun times with those boys. They both bring so much joy!
The rhododendrons are so beautiful!
I love your van story. I can relate to it! :)
It is great that Hunter and Elizer get along so well. I giggled at Hunter being the group comedian! I'm sure he is good at it!! Enjoy your downtime, Jean!! You go all the time!
Our old Honda CRV was maroon and there are many Honda CRVs that color so more than once I got in the wrong car. So embarrassing. I can totally relate to you opening the hatch on the wrong vehicle. I finally put some stickers on the window of our CRV so I could tell it was OURS! You have so much energy and do so many fun things with your grandchildren. So glad that you are still seeing a lot of Destiny and Elizer. Looks like you had a very nice Mother's Day. It's always nice to see what is going on in your world. See you again soon!
Post a Comment