I’m having so much trouble finding time to keep up here!!
First I'll post this picture of my Spring front door hanger. Found it on Amazon.
My last post ended with Sunday, April 2. So I'll catch up now on last week. On Tuesday Dick mowed the grass for the first time and then absolutely delighted Elizer with his first tractor ride of the season around the neighborhood. His face says it all!!
Here are pictures from daycare last week. As you can see, we had temps all the way from winter coats to sweating! In the carseat picture he was looking at a book his teacher's gave him for Easter, a Thomas the Train book. He loved it!
Something really exciting happened! The digging began at the site where our new church will be built! They broke ground before we even had our official ground breaking ceremony! That will be this coming Saturday.
Here are some sky pics I took last week. Have you ever seen a cloud like this? Some thought it looked like smoke from a chimney. I thought it looked like a funnel cloud. But it was just a very unique cloud formation at sunrise.
We had really heavy rain one night last week, and the next morning I took this misty sunrise pic.
On Friday Destiny and I met for lunch at Rey Azteca, a Mexican restaurant we really like. Elizer was kind of a handful, but for a bit he cooperated for these adorable pictures.
He's definitely displaying some "terrible two" behaviors lately. On top of that, daycare is having hiring issues and after this week he will not be going back again for a whole month till they have time to train a new worker. I hate it, mostly because I think daycare is such a positive experience for him - the structure and interaction with peers and learning opportunities. But it is what it is. Sorry for using that worn out phrase.
On Friday evening we had our Good Friday service at church, and afterward there was a glorious sunset. I took this picture from the church parking lot.
We had an overnight guest that night. Our nephew Eric Stauffer, Fred and Deb's son. He and his wife and two children live in Virginia. Eric is a die-hard fisherman and came to our area to fish for a few days. He's an elementary PE teacher and an absolute natural with kids. It did not take Elizer long to figure that out!
On Saturday we did our Easter egg decorating, first of all with Destiny and Elizer, then later with Lori and Hunter.
Hunting for them was more fun that decorating them.
Then it was time for the handsome boy pictures!
I snapped lots of pictures, ready or not!
Also that day I was keeping track of a meet in Bradenton, Florida. I got to watch live the two relays that Sophie and her team were in. They came in first in both races. This picture was taken by a meet photographer and shows the awesomeness of the perfect handoff in a relay. Sophie is already taking off, her left hand is back as she grabs the baton from the previous runner. Perfection!
I often see videos of her lifting at the track club, and I am astonished at her strength!
Sunday was Easter!! Our church had a full house!!
We ended up having Elizer with us that morning, and I wasn't sure how he would do, but he was pretty good. You can see him sitting on the floor in the plaid shirt during children's time with the pastor.
There was a two-year-old girl that he really liked, and after church he hugged her goodbye! They were adorable together!
After church we met Alex near Duncannon to give him Elizer, then we went to Jenn's parents to see Sammy and Bianca for a little bit. I'm pretty sure Sammy grew two inches in past two weeks! They were leaving with Sam and Steph to go to Steph's mom for another Easter dinner, so it was just a quick sidewalk visit. Better than nothing!
We took time afterward to sit by the lovely Susquehanna River. It was such a beautiful day.
On the way back home we took a side detour and went to the Stauffer hunting cabin. We sat on the porch and just enjoyed the wonderful sunny Spring day.
I'm having another very busy week, which hopefully I'll have time to write about this weekend.
I'll end with this picture I took this afternoon from my porch steps. WELCOME, you beautiful red tulips!!
The tulips are beautiful! I can't get over how tall (and older) Hunter and Sammy are! Good grief - they both ate a growth bean or something!! A new church building!! Your Easter celebration was lovely and fun!! Sophie is an amazing athlete and young woman! Thanks for the catch-up!!
3 comments:
Sammy has grown so much. Sooo handsome. Bianca is such a little lady.
Sophie is amazing runner. It’s fun watching the talents these kids have and how hard they work to get stronger.
Elizer is too cute to be in the terrible twos ��.
Looks like you had a lovely Easter. Great pictures of everyone. Looks like spring has come to your part of the world. Hope you have a great week!
The tulips are beautiful! I can't get over how tall (and older) Hunter and Sammy are! Good grief - they both ate a growth bean or something!! A new church building!! Your Easter celebration was lovely and fun!! Sophie is an amazing athlete and young woman! Thanks for the catch-up!!
Post a Comment