I have a bit of time today to update here before I have a whole week's worth of pictures and events.
MONDAY
As I said on Sunday (my last update) I was doing the lovely colonoscopy prep. Sunday evening, and especially Monday morning, were pretty unpleasant. The procedure (both upper endoscopy and colonoscopy) were a piece of cake because of the marvelous anesthesia. Dick took off work Monday to be my chauffeur. I was so glad to finally be able to eat and drink afterward!
Late in the afternoon we left for the Duncannon area to get Elizer back from Alex. We had enough time to swing by the house that Sam and Steph just bought and moved into. Who wants pictures of boxes everywhere? So I didn't take any. These are from the internet. It's a really nice three bedroom, bath-and-a-half two-story. Sammy and Bianca will each have their own bedroom when they are there. A big upgrade from Sam's tiny third floor apartment he's been in the last three years! We're so happy for them!
When we got back in town we first of all went to Starbucks in the Penn State library to see Destiny. I don't know how I didn't think to take a picture of Destiny and Elizer hugging and kissing. Even the students hanging out there think they're adorable!
Then we had to get a few groceries, so we went to the grocery store. Elizer was so delighted to see the robot "walking" around!
Shenanigans with Great grandpa!
Destiny and Elizer slept at our house that night since she had to work till 11 pm.
TUESDAY
Valentines Day! Destiny got Elizer all dressed up and his hair brushed for pictures. (In case you wonder, that bottle has just water in it!)
Is he the cutest little ham, or what??
A picture his teacher posted that day.
This was the collage I posted for Valentines Day.
The words of this song came to me as I typed the years the pictures were taken.
WEDNESDAY
This is how my day started out on Wednesday, hahaha!!
Wednesday was our son Jeremy's birthday. I had a planned home birth, and it was a perfectly beautiful experience. The year was 1980.
I did something really fun yesterday! I participated in the African American Read-in. And guess where I read?? In Hunter's first grade classroom! He did not know I was coming, so it was really fun to surprise him. When the teacher had the kids sit on the rug, Hunter said he wanted to sit right beside me, and he carried a chair over so he could. It was so wonderful to be in a classroom again, and I LOVE reading aloud to kids!! An interesting thing about Hunter - it was really important to him to tell me the names of each of his classmates. He probably could have told me each of their birth dates too, haha!!
Out in Oregon Jeremy worked a very long day. He is SO busy at work, which is a good thing for business and income, but hard for a family man. His tired mind was warmed by Brennan's sweet card in the evening. That cake doesn't look too bad either!
We made a Happy Birthday video for him.
THURSDAY
And now it's a rainy Thursday. Did I say that yesterday our temps got up into the 60's?? What is going on?? When I got the mail, the neighbor man and I were commenting about it. He said, "But just wait, March will be a B----." I've been thinking the same thing. So often when we have early warm weather, the cold weather and snow return for the Spring and seem to last forever.
Laundry and choir prep are on the agenda as soon as I finish up here.
Sam's new house looks so nice! Happy for all of them. Yes, Elizer is so cute and such a character. That seems to run in your family. :) I like characters, we have a few too! Your Valentine pic is so nice! Such a sweet card from Brendan. Those cards from kids are really the best. It's great you got to read for Hunters class. Winter struck here today with a vengeance. Rain, ice and snow! Took me forever to scrap the ice off my car, and then my 35 minute commute turned into a 70 minute drive home. I was very thankful to get home!
Glad you had a nice week. I love the pictures of your and Dick together. I also love that sweet baby picture of Jeremy. I had my first baby in May 1981 - in a hospital. I was never brave enough for a home birth. Elizer looks so cute with his hair all slicked down. Sam and Steph's new house looks great. So glad your "scope procedures" went OK. I hope you have a good weekend.
You DID ALL THAT after your procedure??? What in the word is wrong with me...I still felt lousy and slept most of the day. Felt lots better the day after. Sam's house looks so nice! I'm happy for them. We are thinking the same about the weather! Yikes.
3 comments:
Sam's new house looks so nice! Happy for all of them.
Yes, Elizer is so cute and such a character. That seems to run in your family. :) I like characters, we have a few too!
Your Valentine pic is so nice!
Such a sweet card from Brendan. Those cards from kids are really the best.
It's great you got to read for Hunters class.
Winter struck here today with a vengeance. Rain, ice and snow! Took me forever to scrap the ice off my car, and then my 35 minute commute turned into a 70 minute drive home. I was very thankful to get home!
Glad you had a nice week. I love the pictures of your and Dick together. I also love that sweet baby picture of Jeremy. I had my first baby in May 1981 - in a hospital. I was never brave enough for a home birth. Elizer looks so cute with his hair all slicked down. Sam and Steph's new house looks great. So glad your "scope procedures" went OK. I hope you have a good weekend.
You DID ALL THAT after your procedure??? What in the word is wrong with me...I still felt lousy and slept most of the day. Felt lots better the day after.
Sam's house looks so nice! I'm happy for them.
We are thinking the same about the weather! Yikes.
Post a Comment