First off, some flower pics from this week. I'm loving my porch planter, but I wish I had gotten taller spikes for the middle. We had our first lily open up yesterday. And my lone tomato plant has a bud! The purple salvia are showing off before they get dwarfed by the lilies which are ready to POP!!
On Monday night we had Elizer here for a sleepover. In the evening we took him to nearby airport park. First time he'd been there and he loved it. I actually didn't get pictures of the part he loved most - the high slide with tall steps. He climbed those steps over and over and over again. Dick would catch him at the bottom of the slide. Another fun thing was how many airplanes took off from the airport while we were there. We would always watch them and he would say, "Bye bye, airplane."
His favorite book that night was "All Better" with all the animals' booboos and the necessary bandaids.
He wanted to play ball, any kind of ball. He likes to throw balls, he likes to kick balls, and he likes to hit anything and everything with his golf club! I think he and Alex play ball a lot!
At one point he found two game controllers in our toys, and he gave one to Dick. They sat there "gaming" haha!!
The next day I took him for a long slow walk around the block. Once again a neighbor was mowing with his tractor and we had to stand there and watch him. Elizer would wave to him every time he made a round and the man would wave back. It was so cute! We played in the playground behind our house for a while too. He really didn't want to go inside when we got back, so I sat on a porch rocker with him. There was a really nice breeze and before long he was sleeping!
Wednesday afternoon and evening we had heavy rain and thunderstorms. Destiny's wifi modem was struck by lightning. She heard it crack!
After the storms were over the sky turned an eery pink. My phone camera just couldn't produce the color that it was. The bottom left pic is nearest to how it really looked.
The weather seemed rather appropriate on the 50th anniversary of Pennsylvania's worst flood - Agnes. Dick and I watched a special on WGAL in Lancaster Wednesday evening about Agnes. Wow, it brought back so many memories. Dick's parents' farmhouse had 18 inches of flood water in their first floor. I'll never forget helping to clean up and the smell of mud. Ugh!! Here's one picture of the mess.
This will be a fun weekend! Tomorrow our church is having our second annual strawberry festival. We're serving grilled hot dogs, sloppy joes, strawberry shortcake with ice cream, chips, and drinks. We'll have canopies and tables for people to eat outdoors. We had a lot of fun last year. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures next time.
Then on Sunday we're going to Camp Hebron for our annual day with Dick's family. I'm really looking forward to that as well.
I always love your time with Elizer. I also love flowers. It's one of many reasons Summer is so wonderful. That flood! Hard to even know where to start. Happy Camping!
2 comments:
I always love your time with Elizer.
I also love flowers. It's one of many reasons Summer is so wonderful.
That flood! Hard to even know where to start.
Happy Camping!
Elizer is so cute and he loved having fun in that park! So cute sound asleep with you on the porch. Have fun at your strawberry event!! Yum!
Post a Comment