Monday, December 13, 2021

Christmas beauty and good times

I had good intentions of updating here a few days ago, but I had a little "helper" that interrupted my plans, haha!  


We don't have all the Christmas decorations for obvious reasons, except in places that are out of Elizer's reach.   I had showed our beautiful tabletop tree last time.  Here are a few more things.  This beautiful manger scene was given to me by my choir a few years ago.  




The window sill between the kitchen and living room has always been my place to put my angels and churches.  I couldn't find two of my favorite angels this year unfortunately.  Looks like I might have an angel photo bomber in this photo, hahahaha!!










I love this candy cane hanging on Anthony and Lori's door.






Here are a few pictures and videos from last week.   I still know how to sing a baby to sleep, and I love doing it!




Destiny has always loved doing puzzles, but it's so hard to find a chance to do that.  One day she got home from work when Elizer was still napping,  and she got one out and started.  Of course, how do you stop once you start?  We all tried our best to keep Elizer away from it.  Eventually we slid it onto something and put it out of his reach till she gets a chance to finish it.  She's close!




I laughed when I saw that rubber ducky in our bathroom.  Looks like he's in time out!




A few short videos:

Elizer loves to "help" his daddy take out the trash and put the new bag into the trash can.  They always do the "trash bag dance!"




He has found his own personal "Narnia" inside the cupboard of the entertainment console!  





He loves playing with Great Grandpa in the evenings. 





He loves the new coat he got in the mail from his Grandpa Frank!





I took pictures of the Christmas beauty at church yesterday morning.  They do such a great job decorating the sanctuary.





Yesterday was our beloved son-in-law George's 50th birthday.  I used to have trouble remembering how old he was until I realized he was born just a couple of months after we got married.  Now it's easy to remember.  He's a very young 50!  And we love his SOOOO much!  






After church we drove to Duncannon to pick up Sammy and Bianca.  I was so excited to do some of our favorite things with them.  Our first stop was Cupboard Maker Books in Enola, to which we had been once before with them.  We love it!  Bianca especially loves the cats!  These are pictures I took before I went inside. 





I love that book archway!  Bianca wasn't smiling yet because she hadn't seen any cats yet, haha!





How about that sign?  They do have cat walkways all over the store!  Lucky cats!





Sammy was delighted to find a book written in the 1890's.  We got it for him.  




At one point Bianca flicked her bracelet up in the air and it landed behind some books on a high shelf!  I  figured we'd never see it again, but, bless that dear store employee!  She climbed up a step ladder and found it!  




This was the highlight of the day for Bianca.  That cat was just as mild and cuddly as could be.





Grandpa was showing some interesting pictures to the kids.  I think we bought that book.  I said,  "We have no room for it."  Sammy said, "On your coffee table!"  Hahaha!  Wouldn't Elizer have fun with that?  We'll keep it up high for now and someday it will have its place on the coffee table.





Next stop was Zeiderelli's for a late lunch.  Yum, yum, yum!!!  Bacon cheeseburger pizza, honey BBQ ribs, mozzarella cheese sticks, and an Italian hoagie.  




Bianca is like me - she likes the crust of the pizza the best.  This was supposed to be a picture of her biting into that pizza crust, and of course Grandpa could not resist making it more interesting!





Sammy likes to make pictures more interesting too!








On our way from Zeiderelli's in Marysville to Old Sled Works in Duncannon, we drove along the Susquehanna River for a few miles.  So lovely!








We spent over an hour browsing at Old Sled Works.  Just no end to all the interesting things.  It is HUGE!!





A Lifetime roaster just like the one I have from my mom.  They truly do last a lifetime!  Or two or three!





What a fun cookie jar!





Calling home!!





A Princess Diana bride doll!  $100.00.





We got this gorgeous view of the sun setting over the Susquehanna River.







4 comments:

Mari said...

You packed in a lot of fun again!. That Elizer is too funny, the dance, playing with Grandpa, coming out of "Narnia" and so sweet sleeping with you. He looks adorable in that coat.
Sammy and Bianca keep growing too. The book store is so cool. My kids would love it!
Happy Birthday George!

Terri D said...

Well, just ditto what Mari said! LOL No need to repeat it! As I said on FB, I can't believe how Sammy and Bianca are growing up so fast. Elizer is a little stinker! So cute! xo

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Jean. Looks like you are all ready for Christmas and having tons of fun with your family. I would love to go to the bookstore and The Old Sled Works. What interesting places! You grandkids are all so darling. So glad you get to spend so much time with them. Have a great week and I will see you again soon!

Doris said...

Not everything is out here either...but not because of a toddler 😄 Gotta do what you gotta do. Elizer certainly fills your days with busy and sweet. I miss holding a sleeping little one! What fun you had with Sammy and Bianca. I'd love both of those places... probably too much!
Hope you are having a good week!