Friday, November 19, 2021

Our week in pictures

Another week gone by!  This evening we are definitely feeling like winter with the cold wind out there.  It's going down to 28 degrees tonight - a new low for this fall.  


There hasn't been much to differentiate one day from another since I posted last week, so I'll just share pictures.


One thing Elizer gets so excited about is watching the birds that come to the feeder.  




I noticed one beautiful sunrise this week.





I took this picture as I was leaving Anthony and Lori's place before 5 pm, and the sun was beginning to set.  This evening I got home from their place at 5:40 and it was absolutely dark.  I really struggle with dark evenings.  I wish it didn't affect me so much.  



I took this pretty picture of our church on Saturday evening around 5 pm. 





Last week I ordered a leash for Elizer!  It's so hard to hold tightly to his hand when walking.  Last Thursday Destiny got off work at 2 and we decided to try it out.  We all loved it, even Elizer!



He especially loved the piles of leaves we walked by.  Of course we had to let him play in them a bit.




The other day I took Elizer for a walk and didn't realize Alex was taking a video to send to Destiny.




He's always dancing.  He just can't stand still when he's listening to music!






Occasionally he just chills.  Not very often though!




One evening I put blankets over the coffee table to make a tent.  Oh the giggles!!!  He especially loved when he was inside and I lifted the side to peek in.  Later when Destiny got home from work she got into the "tent" with him.  He loved it!




He's really working on using a spoon and fork.  His favorite meal is when Destiny makes her Puerto Rican rice and beans. 




Any time he finds a piece of clothes he wraps it around his shoulders.  This time it was Grandpa's flannel shirt.







So many things going on here - the headset, the game controllers, and the way he's sitting on the back of the couch with one foot on the cedar chest behind it.   Have I said he's a climber?  He has very little fear.




Teach 'em when they're young, haha!




I'm so glad he really likes books.  He has definite favorites. 




Yesterday morning I went to my Abide Bible study for the first time in many, many weeks.  It was actually the last session of this semester.  It was really, really good to be with the other women even if I don't know them very well.  


For some reason I have been having a lot of trouble commenting on blogs.  So many times I write a comment and it doesn't post.  I know some of you have your comments set to be reviewed before publishing, but I often don't get that message either.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  Just know I do check in on you!  If any of you has trouble commenting on mine, please shoot me an email.


Have a good weekend!



3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Jean. Wow, that is a beautiful sunrise. You also have some super cute pictures and videos of Elizer. It must be fun to have him around - never a dull moment for sure! So glad you could go to you Bible study. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Terri D said...

Love the pictures and the videos. I don't have trouble commenting here but have missed seeing you on my blog. Sorry you are having trouble posting comments. Elizer is so cute and how blessed he is to have you and Dick for his grand-grands!! I wish I could taste Destiny's rice and beans. I am sure it is delicious!! Have a blessed weekend! xo

Mari said...

We did that Abide study at our church last year. It was really good.
I love that pic of your church!
Cute videos of Elizer! Our granddaughters were here overnight last night and were also doing the baby shark dance. :)
I want some of Destiny's rice and beans!