Just a quick post here and some fun videos. It's an absolutely BEAUTIFUL morning after all the rain from Ida. We did not get hit as hard here as many areas did.
Tuesday was Lori's birthday. Anthony asked me to pick up Hunter after kindergarten because he would be birthday gift shopping with Austin. I was DELIGHTED to do that! I was making a cake for her when he asked me, but I was able to get it out of the oven just in time before I left.
I was sitting with another grandma at the pick up spot outside the school, and it was so fun to see our grandsons come out the door. Hunter was full of giggles! He was excited to tell me that he had had his first music class that day.
On the way to my house I turned on my phone camera to capture the incredible math class I was in. Hunter was the teacher. Oh my goodness, I wonder what in the world his kindergarten teacher is going to do with him! These videos are short and so cute and astounding, really.
I made a new chocolate cake recipe. It has a cup of mayo in it! Very moist! I also made my favorite, not as sweet frosting recipe. And I tried doing a little decorating, but that is not my talent at all! I told Lori I could promise her cake would be delicious, but rather pathetic looking!
But we had fun! And we filled our bellies with cake and ice cream. We'll be good some other day!
Gotta get busy now! Have a good Labor Day weekend!




4 comments:
Fun pictures and videos. The birthday cake looks and sounds delicious. Your grands and great-grands are so. darn. cute. :-) Have a great weekend. See you soon!
Great photos of all your kiddos, and of course that Elizer is adorable! Hunter is amazing. His teacher may want to advance him to 4th grade with those math skills!! Happy birthday to Lori!
That youg picture is how I still think of Sophie. I can't believe she's in 11th grade!
And Hunter is a genius. I can't get over his math brain.
All those grand are so cute!
I took a cake decorating class at Boscov's a long time ago...result indicated in not being in my talent pool 😄
Glad the rain has gone! But oh the destruction from that storm. So devastating! Have a great holiday weekend!
Post a Comment