I am trying to squeeze in time to do one more post with two-handed typing before I go to bed. My carpal tunnel surgery is in the morning - I'm to arrive at 6:30 am. I should be done by 8:30, so Dick will go eat breakfast somewhere and come back for me. They'll be giving me a nerve block, so I guess I won't have much pain at first till it wears off. My prayer is that the surgeon will be able to do it endoscopically so the recovery is quicker and easier.
My computer is telling me that it cannot upload the full version of my pictures until I update my computer (it's a MAC). So most of my pictures here do not look as clear as they do on my phone. But I cannot stand blogging from my phone. Ugh!!
On Friday and Saturday I went down to Destiny's place. Look at this beautiful hydrangea bush outside Ella's Place where she works!
When I arrived I pulled up right beside Alex and Elizer. Look how pleased with himself Elizer was, haha!!
The main reason for my visit was because this little clown already has a broken bone and a cast - before his first birthday! He climbed up over the bed railing, fell, and landed on his little foot the wrong way. A couple of the bones connected to his toes have a hairline fracture. They could tell right away that something was wrong with his foot because he couldn't walk. So they headed to the ER and spent hours and hours there waiting. It was traumatic when he fell and then a really hard, long night.
But what a trooper he is! It took him about half a day to figure out walking again - it is a walking cast and will be on just three weeks. He's one of those kids that will probably get a few more bumps and bruises.
On Friday evening Destiny and I took him for a stroll. The mobile home park where they live has access to a wonderful trail and also the Susquehanna River. We hated to turn back when we did, but we knew it would be getting dark. It was such a lovely evening!
See the fisherman down there?
On Saturday morning I took Destiny to work then came back and played with Elizer till he got sleepy for his first nap, which he took right there on the couch where I had spent the night. Melt my heart!!!
I came home Saturday evening and have been trying to get things done that will be harder to do at first after surgery.
Two new birds we've had at the feeder are this sassy female Cardinal....
.....and this mourning dove.
Each year I like to get a picture of our house when the tiger lilies and the marigolds are blooming in the front. But I also like to do it when none of our vehicles are parked there. So on Sunday afternoon Dick was over at Anthony and Lori's checking his trail cams, so I decided to get in my van. I backed out, took a picture of the house through the rolled-down passenger window, then drove around the block, taking a drive-by picture of the back of the house, and then the rest of the way around the block and back into our driveway. I was hoping nobody noticed what I was doing, haha!!
It was eleven years this week that we bought and moved into this house. Some of you might remember that amazing occasion. It was one of those times that God showed up BIG for us.
Well, I really need to go to bed. Pray for me when you think of me!
3 comments:
Oh Elizer! I'm glad he won't need to be in that for long, and I love that he just keeps smiling!
Your pics of your home are very nice, and I do remember when you moved in. :)
Praying for you tomorrow. Bob had that surgery several years ago and it went well. He healed quickly, and hope you do too!
I hope your surgery went well. You will be in my prayers tonight. You have such a lovely home. I didn't read your blog when you moved into your home, so I will have to try to go back and find that store. Too bad about little Elizer. Hope he is out of the little cast soon. The trail by your home looks great. I would love to walk along that trail and see the Susquehanna River close up. Let us know how the surgery goes when you can. God bless.
Elizer is such a little man! Too cute for his own good! LOL Your home is beautiful, Jean, and please know that you have been and will continue to be in my prayers! Keep us posted! xo
Post a Comment