On Tuesday, after my blogging fail (see previous post - I did fix it today, by the way!) I got my stuff packed up and hit the road for Destiny's place. When I arrived around 5:30 Destiny said she was hoping we could go to the Elizabethtown Fair. She has good memories of going to the Manheim Farmshow with us when she was younger, and the Elizabethtown Fair is like a smaller version of that.
So we headed there and met up with our friend Linda Roser. It was hot! Elizer loved the sheep, goats, and alpacas.
There were lots of food choices. I had to get my usual fair food - funnel cake. One stand offered pumpkin funnel cake, but I wasn't sure I would like that, so I stuck with the traditional. I can't remember what Linda and Destiny got. I took this sweet picture of Elizer while we were waiting for Destiny's food. One leg tucked up I guess!
Before we left for home we walked by the bounce house which had no line, so Destiny got in there with Elizer. He LOVED it!! They were allowed to stay in as long as they wanted since there was no one waiting. Before they got out he had figured out pretty well how to jump up and down without falling!
On Wednesday morning we left for Hershey Park around 11:00. It was a REALLY hot day!! Destiny had a big Hershey Park cup from two years ago which we took along, and after we got there she bought another one. I used the old one and was able to have it filled for $1.00 as many times as I wanted. The new one could be scanned at one of the many "filling stations" around the park and could be filled as many times as they wanted for free! What a great way to stay hydrated on such a hot day!
We were disappointed that there were not many rides that an adult and a child as young as Elizer could be on together. I had hoped to do that while Destiny and Alex went on the wilder rides. We did enjoy getting wet, especially at the wave pool. But I have no pictures of that since I was in the water.
I took Elizer on the train while Destiny and Alex went on a ride, then Destiny joined us for another trip around the track. It was so relaxing and cooler.
We got a really delicious meal at a BBQ place which had a pavilion with overhead fans. That was a great respite from the heat, but again no pictures!
Then Destiny and Alex went on a really crazy ride while Elizer and I found a shady spot to sit and watch.
Last of all we went on the carousel. Elizer LOVED it!! Especially seeing himself in the mirror! I think he liked the music too!
There were a few unbelievable snafus, but thankfully they all worked out much better than we had feared. At one point we realized we no longer had the diaper bag! So we walked all the way to the lost and found security office at the front gate. Destiny and Alex described it in very accurate detail. There was one possible place we had left it - at the wave pool at the way back part of the park! I had changed Elizer's diaper there and possibly forgot to put it back onto the stroller. Alex thought we had had it since then. The security guy called someone back at the wave pool, described the bag, and in no time at all they found it! Someone would bring it to the office via golf cart. So although we waited a long time, at least we were in air conditioning. However, we had no food for Elizer, because his snacks were in the diaper bag. We did have drinks on the stroller, thankfully. Just as he was getting pretty fussy, a lady arrived with the diaper bag!
The other snafu was when we started eating our BBQ in the pavilion later. Destiny and Alex realized that they did not have their cell phones! They used my phone to call Destiny's phone (I come up as "Grandma") and a guy answered! He did indeed have both their phones! Alex took off with my phone to go meet up with him. While he was gone I said to Destiny, "Here we sit with no phone at all. If something happens to Alex we can't even call anyone." Horrible thought. So we were really relieved when Alex came back with all three phones, haha! The guy had found theirs on the bench where Alex had been sitting with Elizer while Destiny and I were ordering the BBQ!
We decided at that point that we'd had enough adventures and headed for the exit! The park would close at 7 pm anyway. I got this picture as we were leaving.
We had a long, hot walk to the car. My air conditioned van never felt so good! Destiny's shoulders were really sunburned, so we stopped at CVS in Elizabethtown to get aloe vera gel on the way home. Showers felt really good after we got to their house! I felt like I should have lost ten pounds from walking and sweating!
On Thursday we hung out and got some things done around their place. I got this cute picture. I love seeing Alex on the floor playing with Elizer.
He's learning new things all the time and it's so fun. He waves goodbye, says "hi" and waves, nods his head yes at appropriate times, so we know that he knows what it means. Just adorable! And of course "Dada" and "Mama."
Destiny works five days a week, and these were her two days off, so we decided to go somewhere to eat before I left for home. They agreed on Mexican food. We had a really nice time. Elizer sat in a high chair most of the meal and was flirting with the server, always turning around to see where she was.
At the end I wanted a picture of them and got so many good ones!
This was my favorite. I forgot to mention that Alex's birthday was on Tuesday, so I guess this was our birthday meal for him!
We both needed gas, so we went to a nearby gas station to fill up. We said our goodbyes there and I headed for home.
I'm always fascinated by the cloud formations as I drive. I caught a few "point and shoot" pictures on the way home.
I have been catching up around here these two days since I'm back home. Much needed after being away so much!
'Til next time!




3 comments:
The local fair is going on here too. Laura and Aaron took the girls. We didn't make it this year.
I love the refill cup idea. That's great in hot weather.
That photo of ELizer on the Carousel is so cute!
Happy Birthday Alex!
Another fun post with amazing photos of your loved ones! Elizer is adorable and Destiny and Alex are so cute. I've been to Hershey Park but it was probably 40 years ago. I saw Ricky Nelson on stage, so you know it was at least that long ago! What a fun few days!! XO
Destiny, Alex and Elizer make such a cute family. Hershey park is a fun place. We took our kids there years ago when we lived in the Midwest and went to Pennsylvania on vacation. Went again with my oldest daughter and her family in 2016. Thar refill cup is a great deal! So glad you found the diaper bag and the phones. What a scare! So glad it all turned out well. Looks like a great visit. I love the pictures of the clouds on your way home. See you again soon!
Post a Comment