Friday, August 13, 2021

A good hot week in August!

This week started out with another beautiful Sunday at the lake at Bald Eagle State Park.  We are so fortunate to live just 20 minutes from this gorgeous place. 




I knew it would be hot and I would want to get into the water, but my bandaged hand would need to be thoroughly protected.  Dick had an idea!  He had deer-gutting gloves!  So I tried one on, haha!  I ended up cutting it off at the elbow and using a rubber band to keep it on.  





I didn't put my arm into the water anyway, just hung on an inner tube with my arm up.  Anthony and Lori and the boys were there and we had a great day, staying till dusk.





On the way home we passed this beautiful sight in Bellefonte.




On Monday was Bianca's 7th birthday.  We didn't get to be with her this year, but Sam did call me in the morning before work so I could wish her a happy birthday.  Jenn and the kids and some of her family went to Zoo America in Hershey that day.  Here are some pictures of her from the other weekend when the kids were here.  What a beautiful, funny girl!





One day this week I got some pictures of Lori's lovely potted plants.




I also took this picture from their screened-in porch.   The skies were threatening rain, which we have gotten in the form of thunder showers almost every day this week.  




On Wednesday I had the appointment to get my bandage off.  As you can see on this picture, that ratty bandage was starting to take itself off. I was so tired of it.



So afterwards that's all there was - two tiny incisions with stitches that will come out by themselves in a couple of weeks.  They bother me a little bit, but that's it.  He gave me no further restrictions!  Amazing!




I do still have some numbness and tingling in my fingers, but he said nerves take a while to heal and it will get better.  My right hand has gotten so much worse, so I asked him to give me a cortisone shot to give me time before having another surgery.  He did, and I have a follow-up appointment in two months. 

Here are some fun pictures from FaceTime calls with Destiny this week.  This boy is turning a year old next week, and tomorrow we're going to his birthday party.  That will be fun!  




This has been really hot, humid week in the 90's.   Looks like things are going to start getting better tomorrow.  Here are a few more pictures I took around here.  I do love summer, but not the high humidity we had this week. 











I have four rose bushes now and each one of them is flourishing.  They give me so much joy!




























5 comments:

Peg Shuffy said...

I don’t think I’ve seen that large of a glove before. Good thinking, Dick.

Aren’t surgeries amazing … two small incisions … Wow

Mari said...

That state park is pretty. Glad you were able to get into the water and have fun!
I can't believe Bianca is turning 8. She's growing up!
It's always beautiful at Anthony and Lori's place.
Happy Birthday sweet Elizer!

Terri D said...

That lake and beach are amazing and I can't imagine why it isn't more crowded. Good find! So glad your bandage is off and the healing is going well. Elizer is adorable, as always! Hard to believe he is ONE already!! Time scoots by so fast. Have a blessed week!! xo

Terra said...

That large lake looks like an ideal place to hang out on hot days, and I see you brought shade with you.

Doris said...

LOVE that porch view!! I was envisioning you and me and more sisters sitting there shooting the breeze 😀