Friday, July 23, 2021

A week full of fun

Friday evening already!  Please slow down, Summer!!!  I'm enjoying the beauty so much!!  Here is a collage of pictures I took this week - mostly my flowers, but a few from our granddaughter Destiny's work place too. 




We stayed home this past weekend.  On Sunday afternoon Dick went over to check his trail cams at Anthony and Lori's.  He had a little hiking buddy.  Then they went up into his hunting shack.  Dick took this video of Hunter climbing the ladder.  Hunter knew Dick was taking a video and wanted to see it when he got to the top, so there may have been some theatrics involved here, haha!


This view of their pond never gets old!



This is zucchini season!  One of my favorite recipes is this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake.  I gave Anthony and Lori at least half of this.



Here's a rather poor quality picture of my recipe.  



Destiny got her second COVID vaccine on Monday afternoon.  She had asked if I could come down in case she would get sick from it like I did.  So I drove down to her place Tuesday morning.  It was her day off work, thankfully.  But also thankfully, she did not have any side effects beside her sore arm, a head ache and tiredness!  So we had a great time together!  


This boy!!!  Eleven months old now, walking, running, getting into EVERYTHING, "talking" - even on the phone, haha!  He accidentally learned how to drink through a straw and it surprised him!  




This video is so funny.  He seems to be having a conversation with Destiny, maybe even arguing.  Yikes!




Destiny also had a zucchini to use up.  So the other evening I talked her through the making of that cake while we were FaceTiming.  I snapped this picture of her grating the zucchini.  



She didn't have buttermilk, so I told her how to make sour milk with vinegar and milk.  She doesn't have a mixer either, but that's not a necessity.  The cake was a success.  Alex liked it when he got home from work until he realized it had zucchini in it. Ugh!!!!  So she took some of it to work on Thursday, and her co-workers loved it and said she had to bring the whole rest of the cake to work on Friday.  So she did, and it's all gone now!  She said she gave a piece of it to one of her regular customers, and a new customer saw it and asked for some too!  


On Thursday Hunter was here.  No end to the funny things he says.  When he wanted me to watch him play a game on his iPad, I told him I'd watch for 15 minutes, then he would have to do something I want to do for 15 minutes.  He said, "Fifteen minutes is 900 seconds!"   I had to use my calculator to check, and he was indeed correct!




We had fun down at the little playground behind our house.  It was such a beautiful day!  While he was walking across the balance beam he was counting by millions up to a billion and then by billions up to a trillion!  His head is absolutely filled with math!  At one point he said - just out of the blue - "16x16 equals 256!"  I guess he never forgets anything he learns.  




That very day the picture of him on the left was in my Facebook memories from 2017.  I just had to compare it to his current big smile, haha!




Austin came along when Lori came to pick Hunter up that evening.  This boy is just half a year away from being a teenager.  I cannot believe it!  




More food pics!  This afternoon Destiny and I were Facetiming as I was making Zucchini Lasagna and she was making scallops and garlic butter pasta.  I told her maybe someday she'll own a little restaurant!  She loves to cook.




And before I finish here I must share these pics!  This week Lisa, George, and Sophie are in Portland visiting Jeremy, Mike, and the kids!!  Their first time there.  I guess they definitely are not having the outrageous heat they'd been having a few weeks ago, because in most pictures I see they have jackets on.  They're having such a great time going to all the favorite spots - the coast, Multnomah Falls, trails, etc. 




Well, that's it for this time.  Sammy and Bianca are coming for a few days, so I have lots to do!

2 comments:

Terri D said...

It is always fun catching up with you here! You take the best photos! I can't believe Austin is nearly 13. Wow! How great that Lisa and family are out in Portland! I am sure they are having a great time catching up there! More fun coming with Sammy & Bianca!!

Mari said...

I am feeling the same about summer. It always goes by so quickly while winter seems to drag.
Those grandkids are all so cute and fun. I really think Hunter is a genius and I'm serious. What kid his age can do that? I can't count to billions myself! Maybe he needs to go into politics because I don't think most of them can comprehend that number - in regards to how far we are in debt. :)