Monday, May 24, 2021

Weekend Recap

We had a very stress-free weekend.  On Saturday we worked outside, cleaning up the flower beds and mowing.  In the late afternoon we went to Lowes and Home Depot to buy flowers to plant as well as two hanging planters for the porch.  In the evening we got everything planted and cleaned up.  Then we enjoyed sitting on the porch and had a wonderful sunset too!



I always like to add the light green sweet potato vines to this planter, but neither place had any.  Maybe I'll look for them at a few more places. 





On Sunday morning at GBRV we had an old fashioned hymn sing.  There was a hymnal placed for each family/couple and they could call out the hymn number they wanted.  It was fun.  Thankfully I wasn't stumped by any of the choices!  I love to slowly introduce well loved, more contemporary praise and worship songs, but I also love the old hymns I grew up with.  I've had such variety in my music jobs over the years!  At Grace Community Fellowship in Manheim (25 years!) I was always trying to keep up with the latest praise and worship songs.




After we came home we watched Calvary's service.  There was an informal chat with Pastor Dan and his wife in which they shared memories from their wedding.  At one point something struck them funny and they almost couldn't pull it together.  They were asking the camera crew to cut!  I was laughing so loud, as I have so often had this experience, and it was fun to see them being so human!









After lunch we went to Wegmans to buy fresh cut flowers and an anniversary card for Anthony and Lori, and we took them over to their place.  Their 18th anniversary is today!  The rhododendrons were even more beautiful than they were on Friday!!  






This was our family at the wedding 18 years ago at Unity Church of Jesus Christ here in State College.  In the back were Sam, Frank, Jeremy, and Ray.  In front were Dick and I, Lori and Anthony, Lisa and George.  And that's Frank's little cutie Destiny sitting on a clear pedestal, front and center. Our daughter Miki and family were not able to be here from Sweden for this wedding.   We have so many wonderful, fun memories from that weekend!




Yesterday and this morning Dick has been doing the lovely prep for his colonoscopy later this morning. It's a routine screening.  I obviously did not need to make his omelet or help to pack his lunch for work this morning, haha!  Thus the time to sit here and blog.  But I need to finish up here and get showered and dressed.  I'll be taking him and hanging out since he won't be allowed to drive afterward. 


Have a great week! 




3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Jean. I read all your posts about your trip to Florida and it looked just lovely. So glad you got to go. That is a great picture of your family from the wedding some years back. Time really flies, doesn't it! You always take the best sunrise and sunset pictures. I hope you have a good a week and that all goes well for Dick this morning. See you again soon!

Mari said...

18 years! Hard to believe. I love seeing that photo from the wedding.
Their rhododendrons' are just stunning every year!

Terri D said...

Happy anniversary to Lori and Anthony! Destiny looks like she is levitating in that picture! Too cute then and still cute today! I love seeing the pictures and the flowers are sure gorgeous. Hope the colonoscopy went well. I'll be doing that next year (every 5). Not fun. Love & hugs! xo