Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Midweek update

Have you noticed that it's no longer dark at 5 pm?  I hope I didn't say that in my last post.  


So I just went back and checked, and sure enough, I did!  BUT the picture I posted last time was taken at 5:04 pm.  This one was taken at 5:12 on Sunday.





And this was taken at 5:14 today!  I know I sound like a broken record, but I dread dark evenings almost more than the cold when winter comes, so going in the other direction is exciting to me!





Remember that I said we were not able to go up the hill at Anthony and Lori's place on Friday when we were delivering cookies?  On Sunday evening they came to our place and we had a fun gift exchange on the porch.  


The boys had so much fun skating on our icy snow.





They gave me a mug that Austin had picked out.  I've had my coffee in it each morning since.  They also gave me this candle.   It makes our house smell AMAZING!




I'm not sure when we'll put our Christmas stuff away.  I'm never in a big hurry to do it, since I seldom get my things out as early as other people do.  So I'll show you a few Christmas things we have here. 







The full moon was beautiful this evening.  I was changing washer loads and looked out the laundry door.  I just had to go out onto the porch to get this picture of the moon peeking through the lattice.  





Lori and the boys went on a hike today and she posted this cute picture.  I'm sharing it since you really couldn't see their faces on the picture taken Sunday evening.  



Here's a collage of pictures of Elizer.  She was showing me on Sunday how he holds his own bottle sometimes.   She's still nursing him, but he takes her milk in a bottle when she's at work.  I took some screen shots from a video of his introduction to bananas.  He seemed to like them.   He's growing up so fast, as they all do!



Time for bed!







3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Love your Christmas decorations. I am also looking forward to having the sun up a little later every day. See you again soon!

Terri D said...

Elizer is so cute and growing is a good thing. We can't slow them down! I loved seeing your decorations. Your Nativity is so pretty. I'm glad Anthony, Lori and the boys came over and had some fun. Your Grandma cup is really great! Happy new year to you and yours! xo

Mari said...

I remember you did talk about it staying lighter, because I watch that too and it always makes me happy to see the days get longer.
I like the mug, and the givers make it even better. :)
Elizer always makes me smile!