Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Beautiful Fall!

We haven't really done anything that interesting since the other Sunday when we had the memorial gathering.  But I've taken pictures, so I'll share them.  First of all, beautiful Fall shots.





I'm always curious why this tree has such sparse foliage.  From Spring through Fall you can easily see right through the tree's branches. 



I took this one as I was walking and approaching our house.  I felt overwhelmed with the beauty and the fact that we are so blessed to live here.  



The next few were taken at Stauffer Acres.






I found this mum variety at Weis Markets last evening for $5.97!  I was so excited!




I almost forgot that I have these Fall porch pillows.  I remembered that they kept blowing off the past two years, so I got out a big needle and some yarn and sewed them to the chairs, hahaha!!  We'll see how long that works!




Saturday was a gloriously warm day.  I sat on the side porch for at least an hour or more, no sweater or jacket.  Not every October 10th that you get to do that!




We are so blessed at GBRV with Pastor Lynn.  Her messages are full of "meat."   On Sunday she preached from the story of Jesus in the boat during a very bad storm.  "Why Are You So Afraid?"  I vividly remember when that verse became very real to me, especially the next thing Jesus said to his disciples - "Do you still have no faith?"  I remembered the times before when I was so afraid because I could not imagine how situations would work out.  But after seeing how God heard and answered my cries I felt silly for having been so afraid.  I knew that Jesus wanted me to trust Him IN the situation, not just after I had seen how He had worked.  That is STILL a challenge for me over and over again!



We also are so blessed and very challenged by Pastor Dan's messages from Calvary.   He has such a hungry heart for God and for revival.



Look at this picture Anthony posted last week!!  He said, "I don't even know what's going on anymore."  Hahahaha!!  Austin's origami has definitely gone to the next level!  I just love that pineapple!



And you know I can't finish a post without at least one adorable Elizer picture!  Here are three!




Again, I just want to kiss my screen when I look at this one!



And now I'm finally caught up for the first time in a while!






3 comments:

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, that last picture of Elizer!! Go ahead and kiss the screen!! You took some beautiful Fall photos and thanks for sharing so much beauty with us! Your house looks like it came from a magazine with all the gorgeous orange everywhere! I think sewing the pillows on should work for you!! Brilliant fix! Keep us posted!! xo

Doris said...

Your fall is way ahead of us. Starting to see more color here.
Oh that CUTE baby!!!!

Mari said...

Oh the cuteness!
That Austin is talented in so many ways! I can't begin to imagine how he made these.
It's looking beautiful! It's a pretty Fall here too. Stauffer Acres is pretty no matter the season.