Sunday afternoon. And what a change in weather! We have just had the most beautiful, warm week. So life-giving!! But today is cloudy and damp with a chill in the air. I took one of those Sunday afternoon naps on the sofa while Dick watched football. It's been a while since I did that. I hate how I feel when I wake up after a nap though.
So here are some pictures I just couldn't help taking this week.
The street leaving our community. Last week I posted a picture from the other direction.
Thursday's sunrise.
I found another pumpkin at Walmart. Not a real one, but I love the verse on it.
Friday's sunrise.
Soon I will need to go to a lot more effort to find beauty. A week from today it will be getting dark earlier. But maybe I'll see the sunrise more often while I'm in the kitchen helping Dick to get off to work, since it will be getting light earlier. For a while at least.
On Friday evening I again enjoyed watching J'von's football game on the iPad. I heard the name "Collazo" quite a lot during the game. They lost to a very good team this time, but in today's paper J'von was mentioned as one of three juniors whom the team will build around next year. That's him in the front right, number 8.
Yesterday afternoon Dick and I headed down 322 to Duncannon. This was the view coming down the other side of Seven Mountains.
I crawled to the second seat behind Dick so I would be able to get this unhindered view of the beautiful gorge.
Sammy had fun with Dick's binoculars. He was checking out a house on the other side of the river.
I zoomed in and took this picture of it. Dick saw on his GPS that that is Front Street, Harrisburg across the river. Sometime on our way to Lancaster County we're going to go down Front Street instead of 322 and see if we can find the Riverside Bar and Grill from that side.
Sammy wanted to show us the coolest bookstore ever a few miles away. And it WAS the coolest bookstore ever. Cupboard Maker Books - the hugest collection of used books I have ever seen. Lots and lots of entire series of books. Every category imaginable. The front of the store was painted like a shelf of books!
That archway was made of books!
Follow the yellow brick road...
....to the children's books, of course!
There were several cats making themselves at home. I regret that I did not take any pictures of the cat walks that were built up high throughout the store - for the cats!
We had so much fun there! It's the kind of place you could spend a day. The only suggestion I would have is more seating areas. But I guess the idea is for people to buy books, not sit and read them, haha!
When we left it was already getting dark, so we dropped them off at Sam's place and headed back home. We always have so much fun with them!

















2 comments:
Great photos, Jean! Beautiful scenery and beautiful faces of loved ones!! Have a goo week ahead!!
It sure was beautiful there last week! I love your mountain shots. Your street is so pretty too!
The bookstore is the coolest!
Hooray for J'von! Sounds like he's doing great.
And those baby smiles are the best.
Post a Comment