On Sunday we went to our service at GBRV and then to Calvary. The boys came home with us for the afternoon. Austin played with the Lincoln Logs we recently got from Dick's parents.
Hunter had fun with our little Playmobil farm. He took a good nap too, and so did I.
He melts my heart. Look at those eye lashes!
Here are some pictures I took this week.
Lori's hydrangea blooms, not mine. Sadly, ours did not bloom again this year for the second year in a row.
I love this chair in our bedroom. We got it from Dad Stauffer when we moved into this house nine years ago. It's great for rocking babies and reading to grandchildren before naps. And I can swivel it around, pull up the blind, and have a conversation with the Lord as I look toward the mountain.
Watching a storm approach Wednesday evening as we drove toward home.
We had driven over an hour to the Lewisburg area for a very important purchase. A new truck for Dick!! Not new, of course, but very well taken care of by one owner and much, much lower mileage than the one he had.
He was like a kid getting a new toy! I still haven't taken a ride in it, but he says it drives really, really nice. Now he's looking for a cap for the bed.
I've been having too much fun with SnapChat since our vacation. Lisa and Sophie taught me how to use the voice-changer filters. One of the filters is a meerkat with the funniest voice, but Lisa is the only one that consistently has him in her filter line-up. So I always use the little old lady filters to send messages to them. Lisa always answers back in her meerkat guise, and it cracks me up every time. It doesn't take much to humor us! I discovered I could save mine and upload them to YouTube so I could share some with you here, haha! They're each just a few seconds long.
Yesterday morning the meerkat was in my line-up of filters!
But alas, he was no longer there this morning!
Here's the picture I was referring to, haha! Hmmm. Wouldn't it be nice if the smooth skin came with the silver hair??
Today Bianca turns five years old!!! And she'll be off to kindergarten soon! This evening we'll go to her birthday party. That will be the beginning of a big weekend down home. That will be the next post. Gotta run!









3 comments:
Glad you had time for your porch! Never knew I needed ours till I had it =)
Have fun at the party! Looking forward to hear about whatever you have going this weekend.
Congrats to Dick and best of luck with the new ride! That snap chat is hilarious! Your chair looks comfy and perfect for your bedroom and pre-nap cuddles! Happy birthday to Bianca!
I can't believe Bianca is 5! Where does time go?
I have a friend who has the same dishes as you. I've used that coffee mug before. :)
Your photos are beautiful, Hunter is as cute as ever and I have to say - you make a cute old lady!
I have a co-worker who moved here from PA and she is always talking about pickled eggs using beet juice. She says it's a PA thing and promises to make one for me. :)
Post a Comment