First of all some pictures of our untamed jungle around here! We had so much rain, followed by a warm week, and all our flower beds have gone wild. I don't think I've ever had such big hosta before. We need to thin things out again.
We don't even know what the big things are that are taller than the hosta. Anyone know?
The blue salvia has already gotten tall and fell apart. Looks like someone would have sat down right in the middle of it. Yesterday Dick made some little wire cages around the lower part of a few plants to hold them together. We'll see how that works.
The knockout rose bush started blooming this past week. I took this picture a few days ago, so it's already taller and fuller.
This past week I spent a lot of time and thought getting ready for our upcoming road trip. Yes, a ROAD trip! To Florida! We have not driven to Florida since 2004 when we took a U Haul load of Jeremy's things down the first year he lived there. But sometime around Christmas we and Sam and Jenn started talking about driving there together in our minivan to save money. We decided we would leave as soon as Sammy was finished with school. The timing was perfect for Lisa too because her very busy track season just ended, and Sophie is out of school now too. They were thrilled that we would be coming.
So on Tuesday evening after Dick gets off work we'll be packing up and driving to Sam and Jenn's and sleeping at their house. Then in the morning we'll pack up all our things and theirs and hit the road. A really sad thing is that Sam is now unable to go along since he recently started working for USPS and can't take off so soon. That is both good and bad, but I'm really sad he can't do this with us.
Jenn and Dick will do the driving and I'll be the child entertainer! I've been gathering up things to do and lots of snacks. I'm so excited. We'll take two days down and two days back the next week. Dick and I are no longer up to the do-it-all-in-one-day like we used to be.
I found these cool clipboards on Amazon that are also dry erase boards. I also ordered dry erase markers. When the stuff arrived, one pack had already been opened and the black one was missing! I guess somebody that was packing really needed a marker, lol! Amazon immediately sent me another pack and it arrived with all four in it.
So I'll be blogging from my phone while we're gone, not my favorite thing at all. But if I wait till I come back, I'll never catch up.
This morning at GBRV my choir sang for the last time for a while. We're taking the summer off, except maybe singing once a month. We did Wonderful, Merciful Savior, a real favorite of mine. They did a fantastic job, and a number of people said how the message of the song really ministered to them and their needs.
Then we went to Calvary. A couple of cute pictures of Hunter after the service. Somebody just got a fresh trim!
Look, Ma, no hands!
We took the boys home with us after church. It was cool and rainy today, but we were fine indoors. Austin had an origami project that he worked on quietly while the rest of us napped in the living room.
Later he was trying to show Hunter how to do a new game that Anthony just introduced to him. The app is called Line Game and involves strategy. I thought they were so cute together.
Even on the way home Austin was still showing him how to do it.
Hunter turned two in March, but still doesn't talk in sentences very much. But he's really learning numbers, colors, and letters. We recently got a wagonload of blocks that have those on. Today Grandpa and Hunter were on the floor talking about the blocks. I was listening from the kitchen and decided I needed to take a video. My favorite part is when Hunter cocked his head to look at a block, and when Dick said it was a W, Hunter said it was M, hahahaha!!
He's also becoming very aware of his wet diapers. He'll say, "I peed." But Lori said that this morning when he woke up he said, "More pee, more pee!" And he ran to his little potty and peed! Oh my goodness, they grow up so fast!!
Just this week we were pining over the adorable pictures that were coming up from two years ago in our "On this day" feature on FB. Lori said, "This is why people keep having babies!"
Well, that's all, folks!! Pray for our safety as we travel and I'll keep you posted!








4 comments:
You are brave to drive that distance with kids! We are considering all 8 of us going to NJ in our van....3+ hours and that sounds taxing! It's the amount of stuff that we won't be able to take so that plan is still in the deciding stage :)
Have a great time in FL. It will certainly be warmer there!
Safe travels!! Prayers lifted! I have no idea about plants, but yours are all looking very healthy! So are those incredible boys! Have fun!! It is hot and humid here... as usual this time of year.
Bob thinks your taller plants may be garden phlox. They look a lot like what we have growing here. Our knockout rose is just opening up!
You are going to have such fun on that trip. I love the idea of the clipboards and dry erase markers. Sammy will certainly be entertaining!
Hunter is growing up too fast!
What? No comments here? I guess like me, everyone is following you on Facebook. I have no idea what that plant is. I hope there is a flower on it when you get home. :)
We cut our blue salvia down today. It looks like some animal likes to sleep in it at night. It will come up again with many more flowers.
Your Knock out rose is blooming very well. Yesterday a tree trimming company cut our neighbor's trees. A lady was helping them. She came over to where Alan was working on the garden lights and asked him how he got his roses to bloom so well. He told her that he used Miracle Grow. We do have some black rot on them from all the rain we have been getting. He sprays them quite often and that keeps the disease at bay.
I hope that the rabbits stay away from your plants while you are gone.
We haven't had trouble with them this year, but our flowers have been slow in blooming. Too much rain and cloudy days must not be good for them.
Post a Comment