Saturday, August 12, 2017

Getting ready for a fun week

I decided I'd better squeeze in some time to do a post this morning before the big week that's coming up.  This afternoon we'll be going to Jenn's parents above Harrisburg for Bianca's birthday party.  After the party Sam and the kids are coming home with us for a whole week!!  (In case you missed it in my last post, Jenn is away this whole month for training.)  Next weekend we're going camping for the first time with our pop up camper at a KOA campground about 20 minutes from here.  Sammy is so excited.  Jenn said that every time he got sad about her leaving he would cheer up when she reminded him that they're coming up here.  He said,  "Can you believe it, I never slept in a RV before!"  An RV, hahahaha!!  

Bjorn and Jess will also be coming up here for tonight and tomorrow!  We get so little time to be with them, so I was delighted when they said they could come up even if just for a little bit.  They're so fun with the kids, so it couldn't have worked out better!

So of course I've been cleaning my house the last two days and doing some extra food prep.  Yesterday Hunter was here for a few hours and took a nap on the love seat.  (His daycare was closed this week.)  I mixed up a batch of cookies as quietly as I could - no mixer, no metal bowls or spoons!  Then I had to go for groceries after he woke up - LOTS of groceries!  Lori met me at the grocery store to get him.  I baked the cookies after I came home last evening.

While we were here in the evening we had a most unusual experience.  Suddenly our front door opened and a woman said,  "I need help!"  There was also a dog trying to get in the door.  We immediately recognized that it was our neighbor, 95 years old and suffering with Alzheimers.  She lives with her daughter and husband next door to us.  Whenever her daughter goes away for any reason she always has other family members come to stay with their mother.  Last evening the daughter that was staying with her brought her dog along because the mother likes the dog.   (We actually aren't allowed to have dogs here in our community, but of course visitors often bring them.)  Last evening the mother was becoming combative with the daughter that was there.   The daughter decided to try going on a walk with her mother and dog.  But it turned into a very scary experience.  The mother was pushing the daughter away, the dog got lose from her leash.  I have no idea how the mother managed to get up our front steps with her walker, but she did.  She was saying,  "I don't know who that woman is, but I don't trust her."  She kept calling, yelling for her other daughter with whom she lives.  The daughter staying with her was so terrified and embarrassed.  We sat with the mother here on our porch for a while so the daughter could make some phone calls.  Eventually we managed to convince her to come with us over to her porch.  We stayed there with them till more family members arrived.  My heart absolutely ACHED for all of them.  It was very sad and stressful for all of them to see her like that.

And now for a few pictures.  Anthony and Lori went to Pittsburgh with the kids a couple of days this week.   Here's a picture of Hunter that Lori sent me.  Not sure where they were, some kind of children's museum I think.

They also apparently went to a guitar store (of course) and Austin thought this was the coolest guitar ever, LOL!

Here's a cute picture Lisa posted this week.  Look at that Sophie almost as tall as her mom.  What??  That must mean she IS as tall as me now.  I'll find out in October.  Just booked our tickets!!

Frank and Lauren packed up all five kids yesterday for a trip to the beach.  Here's a pic Lauren posted of them eating in their hotel room last evening.  Steak and crab legs.  I know Destiny was in heaven with that meal!  She loves crab legs.

Well, that's all folks.  Gotta get myself ready to go to the birthday party now.  If I don't post for two weeks, just know I'm busy having fun!





5 comments:

Peg Shuffy said...

Sounds like a week chock-full of fun. So happy for you but that probably means no exercise. Correct Haha

Terri D said...

Well, I KNOW you will be having fun and I look forward to hearing all about it with lots of photos!! Tampa in October? Please work me in this trip!! I'll come to you!! :)

Mari said...

Fun, fun, fun! You are going to be tired, but your heart will be full! I enjoyed all the pictures!

Cherdecor said...

Can't wait to see pictures of Sammy and Bianca in your RV! Ha! Ha! Sammy is so cute! Have fun and enjoy your week.

Doris said...

I read this when you first posted but didn't take time to comment.....seem to be doing a lot of that these days!
Can't imagine how much Jen must be missing her family!!
Love all the pics of the Grands! I know it will be a blast camping in your RV!!
Enjoy all the Special this week :)