Friday, April 22, 2016

Dick's birthday meal; tulip time; grandchildren

Friday already!  This week just flew by!  As I said in my last post, on Tuesday Dick turned 66.  Anthony and Lori treated us to dinner at our very favorite place - Texas Roadhouse.  It was an easy evening, Hunter sleeping in Lori's arms the entire meal and Austin playing a game when he wasn't eating.  We're enjoying this stage before Hunter gets a bit older, haha!



We were reminiscing about the first time we ate in a restaurant together when Austin was a baby.  Of course, I had to consult my blog (our diary!)  to remember all the details!  We still lived in Lancaster County at that point, and Lori and Austin stayed with us for three weeks that April while their bathroom was being renovated.  Anthony was still working full-time and starting his business on the side, so during those weeks he was spending long evening hours on a full-course lesson.  He had just finished and released it in the wee hours of a Friday morning, then came down to our place after work.  We went to Marcaroni Grill at the Park City mall to celebrate.  We laughed when we looked at the picture and realized that Lori had the same green flannel blanket over Austin that evening as she had over Hunter on this evening!


Lori posted pictures on Wednesday of her boys at Dairy Queen.  They need to be shared!



I took some pictures of my flowers earlier this week.  As I compare the tulips to those on last year's pictures I realize how much shorter they are this year.   I can only assume that we had cold weather at the wrong time for them this spring.  I do still enjoy being greeted by them when I arrive home each day.


My rose bush is coming back to life.

"Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."

Sam posted a bunch of pictures the other day.  Here are some of my favorites.

Look at those gorgeous eyes!

"Best buddies" was Sam's caption.


Apparently Bianca was not amused by silly Sammy, hahaha!

I miss them so!!  We'll finally get to spend time with them next weekend when we go to Lancaster County for Manheim Christian Day School's benefit auction.  I can hardly wait!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Cherdecor said...

Those are such good pictures of all of you.

Your tulips look so gorgeous! My sister was just telling me a minute ago that her purple tulips are so short this year. Last year all the neighbors were admiring her beautiful,tall tulips. It must have been the result of a crazy winter.

Mari said...

Our tulips aren't open yet - yours are so pretty!
You have the cutest grandkids. I love seeing pics of them!

Terri D said...

What a fun post and I love the photos!! Fun seeing the memory photos, too!