Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Our Easter Week

My Easter rush is over and I'm feeling a sense of relief this week.  Rather than try to describe all that my pre-Easter week held, since that just makes you readers feel exhausted (!!), I'll instead start out with some of the nature pictures I took last week.  

Full moon and flowers!



There was a possibility that Sam and Jenn would come here for the Easter weekend, and I was hoping they could bring Destiny with them.  But that was not working out for them.  So kind of last minute I decided to go to Reading to spend Saturday afternoon with Destiny.  She was needing a visit to the hair salon and had money from Frank to pay for it, so that's where we spent several hours on Saturday afternoon!  No problem.  We can have fun anywhere!

Here's the before pic - red that was growing out and lots of ends that needed to be trimmed.

The new color - dark purple!



We got something to eat afterward and I took this picture.  We were trying to decide if it was purple at all!  She was a bit disappointed.  Further down you'll see another pic.

I left Reading at  6 PM and was home before 9.  On my drive home I got a call from Bjorn to let me know that he and Jess would be coming on Sunday.  That was great!  We had already decided with Anthony and Lori that we would dye Easter eggs Sunday afternoon and order in from a favorite BBQ place.  My dear hubby was vacuuming the house when I arrived home!

Sunday morning started EARLY for us.  First we had a 6:30 AM Sunrise service at Houserville, followed by a yummy breakfast, then we were off to Fillmore's 8:15 service.  The choir did such a great job performing Matt Maher's Because He Lives, Amen.  Then we were off to our regular 10:30 service at Houserville.  Lots of good resurrection music there too, including Glorious Day and Bethel church's Forever.  

This was our Happy Easter selfie on our way to Fillmore. 


Bjorn and Jess arrived around 2:00, and Anthony and Lori came soon afterward.

Grandpa got first dibs with Hunter!

I didn't remember to get any pictures while we were painting eggs, but here are some of Austin hunting them after they were hidden.  He did not mind one bit that he had no competition this year!


We cracked up all over again as we told Bjorn and Jess the story of our "security guard" in Dick's shed - a self portrait Jeremy painted in high school and found in a box in the shed by Sam and Ray several years ago.  He's been guarding the shed ever since, hahahaha!

Dick and Anthony picked up the yummy food - pulled pork, cole slaw, mac and cheese, baked beans, French fries, fried chicken breast.  I also had a store-bought apple pie and vanilla ice cream to go with it.  Definitely not my normal home-cooked Easter dinner, but it worked for this year.

Austin plays with the big kids now.  He loves and is very good at table games.  So they played lots of Uno.


I did lots of baby holding!  Hunter is such a sweet baby, and I can never get enough of him! (It seems like I always have this shirt on when pictures are taken, haha!)

He was so relaxed at one point that he was sleeping with his mouth open.  Isn't he just delicious???

I caught Bjorn and Jess taking a selfie.  How cute are they?


They were all gone by 8:00 pm.  And the house was quiet again.  As I checked FB to see what else was going on in the world, I was delighted to come across this pic of Frank and Lauren and the kids.  Left to right:  Frank's son J'von, their daughter Jada, Lauren's daughter Nicayla, Frank, Lauren, and Frank's daughter Destiny.  Not exactly dark purple hair, but maybe it will be after she washes it a time or two. 

Last week Lori sent me this ADORABLE pic of these brothers bonding.  Melt my heart!

Have a good rest of the week!

4 comments:

Doris said...

I used to tell my kids when they asked me if they could do something and I was really really tired....I tell them whatever as long as they don't dye their hair purple! HAHA! We see lots of color these days :)
That baby has stolen everyone's heart. He's so precious!
Glad your week is a bit slower!

Mari said...

What a fun filled weekend! I think the hair looks purple and Destiny can pull it off! Hunter is so cute and it's great that Austin is enjoying him.
PS - that garden shed guard is the best!

Terri D said...

Destiny is a beautiful young lady and she would look good in any color hair! It's "the thing" to do these days, I guess. You and Dick do so much for your kids and grandkids. I'm sure they all realize that you do go the extra mile for each and every one of them. You have such a lovely family and that you work on it is evident! It's all about love, but it is still hard work (especially as we get older!). Hunter is beyond adorable. I would opt out of the table game to hold him all day too!! :)

Cherdecor said...

That garden shed security guard put a smile on my face this morning. What a hoot!

Baby Hunter is so precious. His big brother is such a good looking boy too. Anthony and Lori are so blessed.

Glad you had a great Easter together. Your Easter meal was close to what we had even though I didn't eat. Just as long as the guys are happy, I am happy.