Here she is with George's mom Sharyn. I'm quite sure that Sharyn is taller than I am, so that means Sophie is probably almost as tall as me now. It happens so fast, doesn't it?
This is a picture Dick took of a school track meet they attended Friday evening. Lisa is a track coach for their school this year! Sophie had an injury a few months ago and has been in PT, so she hasn't run yet this season, but is planning to next week. We're so eager to see her run again, but certainly do not want her to be injured.
She was making hair bows and sent some in a baggie for me with the sweetest note!
So yesterday I put some of them in my hair and took a selfie! What do you think?
She also knitted a hat and sent it home with Grandpa for Hunter. How CUTE is this???
This little guy is a voracious nurser and is gaining weight! Look at the beginnings of a double chin already!
The most heart-warming thing of all is seeing Austin with him. Austin, the normally rough and tough all-boy turns into such a gentle, sweet-voiced big brother. On Monday after I picked Dick up at the airport we went to see the baby. Austin got home from school soon afterward and came right over to Hunter. "I'm here," he kept gently sing-songing to his baby brother.
Hunter sleeps a lot, but occasionally I get to see him awake.
Lori is doing great, even took a trip to Target yesterday. This is a very, very happy time for them all, such a tremendous answer to prayer.
Meanwhile, lots of work is being accomplished in Anthony's barn. I had never see the third floor since the only way up had been a ladder. But yesterday there were steps built and Anthony took us out to see what's going on. I went up those steps with fear and trepidation, because there are no railings at this point!
A peek at the third floor which will end up with huge windows, lots of storage area under the eaves, and a huge studio in which all his editing will be done.
Austin could hardly wait to show me his "big deep" hole. He had shoveled it himself and showed me how he does it.
Meanwhile at our house this is happening!! Wonderful, life-giving Spring!! The time change, getting home from work in daylight, does wonders for my morale.
This week our long-time friend, John Nissley, the best man in our wedding, passed away and we will be going to Lancaster County for his funeral tomorrow. When I have time I have SO MANY memories and stories to share. We and John and Elaine went through so many of the stages of life together, and even though we seldom saw each other in the past number of years, our bond has always been strong. Here we are at our wedding in 1971. A few weeks afterward we were attendants at their wedding.
And now I must get ready to leave for the office. Have a great weekend. I'm sure we will - we're bringing Sammy home with us tomorrow evening!






3 comments:
I can't believe how big Sophie has gotten. I remember her as a cute little girl! She's still cute though!
I think Hunter looks a lot like Austin. I love seeing them together.
Have fun with Sammy!
It is SO great that Dick could travel to Tampa for Grandparents' Day at Sophie's school. She is growing up so fast! Hunter is adorable and sure does look like Austin - as he should! Your spring flowers look great. Glad you can enjoy daylight at the end of your work day. I miss the sun in the mornings, but that will change soon as the days get longer 'front and back'!! Please do keep us posted on the studio build and also on Austin's deep, deep hole...if he reaches China, he should stop and not fall through!!
I'm so sad that you have lost such a good friend! Never easy, but having wonderful memories and a heart full of that friendship does help. Please share with us!
I can hardly get over how talented Sophie is! Hair bows for Grandma and a hat for Hunter. AND, it fit on Hunter's head! She is amazing! I hope that she soon heals and can run again. I know that she loves to run.
Post a Comment