Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sammy and Bianca time

Ever since Christmas I have been hoping to have Sammy here for a weekend.  It seems that every weekend there is something that makes it impossible.  I was sure we could work it out for a weekend in February, but alas, the weather got in the way.  And then my aunt Alma passed away, and there was no way I was going to miss her funeral on Saturday.  So at least the weather cooperated and I was able to drive to Sam and Jenn's place to spend Friday evening and Saturday morning with them.  I went without Dick this time, since he does work Saturday mornings, unless he has to ask off, which we try not to do too often.  

I DID check with Lori before I left, however, wondering if there were any signs she might go into labor.  She said, "I'm still three weeks away!"  I replied, "People DO have babies three weeks early!"  Lori's reply to that was, "Well, I'm hoping he stays put for at least two more weeks!"  That made me laugh.  I guess we shall see!  I can hardly wait!

I had the greatest time hanging out at Sam and Jenn's.  Sammy and Bianca just give me no end of delight.  Here are my pics. 


This was the beginning of HOURS of building and rebuilding.  Sammy couldn't get enough of making elaborate designs and just-as-elaborate stories.  His imagination is off the charts!


Please notice the secret hiding place.  That was his favorite thing, and he had crazy stories about the purpose of that secret room.  



He wanted me to again read the story about Bjorn to him!  

Sweet girl, as busy as a bee, but then content in mamma's arms with her sippy cup in hand.   She was soon asleep. 


I slept on a mattress on the floor in Sammy's room.  At 6:00 AM I opened my eyes to see him standing beside me.  I wondered if he wanted to crawl in with me, and of course he did.  He's such a snuggle bug.  He was soon sound asleep again.  


Bianca is the funniest little girl, walking around with her swagger, looking to see if you're watching her, talking her own little language, although she clearly says any word you ask her to say.  She sings, especially "The Wheels on the Bus."  You can clearly hear the "all through the town" at the end.   She dances as cute as can be.  But the funniest thing about her is how she suddenly turns into a little whiney face when her daddy comes home,  hahaha!!  As though she's been just miserably neglected and unhappy and he's finally come to her rescue and will give her anything she wants.  It's hilarious!! Way too conniving for just eighteen months old!!!

Here she is on Saturday morning, dressed for a birthday party they were going to at Jenn's mom's house. 




Around noon I said my goodbyes to them and headed to my aunt's funeral near Lancaster.  (I wrote about that in a separate post.)  I so wished I could figure out some time to be with Destiny, but it was just not possible this time.  I got home last evening around 8 pm.  

This morning we had both church services and then came home and relaxed and napped the rest of the day.  I needed a day like this.  

The other week we extended the dining room table so Dick could do a jigsaw puzzle.  It's been YEARS since he did one.  Little by little it's starting to come together.  But there's an awfully lot of blue sky.  I have no patience for or interest in puzzles except the ones the grandchildren do.



3 comments:

Mari said...

Time with the grandkids is so much fun! You have more than me though, plus a little distance that makes it more difficult.
I love seeing these pictures. Laura says that Ruby is always beyond excited when Aaron comes home from work too - so cute!
I haven't done a puzzle in years either. That looks like a hard one.

Terri D said...

Great photos (always) of your precious little ones! So glad you were able to get away for your Aunt's funeral and cousin reunion. I don't do puzzles either. My grandmother did them, glued them together and framed them...there were a bunch of them to dispose of (unframed but kept under the bed stacked with paper between them). I guess she decided it took time to put them together and she wasn't going to pull them apart. Please keep us posted on Dick's progress! That one looks difficult!

Cherdecor said...

My FEED was not working the last day or so and I couldn't figure out why you and Mari were not posting, but I see that you both had. This morning everything seems fine.

Sammy certainly does have an imagination and with all that musical talent, he is going to go places, for sure.

I loved Bianca's birthday outfit. She looked so cute! The story you tell about how she acts when her daddy gets home is too cute!

It must take a certain kind of intelligence to put together a puzzle with that many pieces. Now I could pick out a puzzle that would match your wall, but don't ask me to put it together.