Thursday, August 06, 2015

Our trip to Norfolk, Day Two

On Sunday I never did get dressed in regular clothes!  In the morning I took my good old time making breakfast in my pajamas. 



By the time that was all cleaned up it was time to get into my swimsuit and coverup for our day at the beach.  They live just five minutes away, and the place where Lisa and Sophie were staying was within walking distance of the beach!


Ray grilled hot dogs and beef kabobs for our late lunch.  

My view of the sky as I lay on a recliner later in the afternoon. 

I spent some time in the water - it was warm.  But the waves were rougher than I felt comfortable with.  The rest of them spent a lot of time out there.  Dick loves to put a snorkling mask on and look for shells, etc.  

Sophie and Lisa didn't come till later.  They had to go to the Norfolk State University to pick up Sophie's registration packet, and besides, Lisa did not want her to be out in the sun for too long the day before her race.   When they did arrive, Sophie and Lisa went out for some more fun in the water.

When we got back to Ray and Thyda's house there was great demand for the shower.  I wasn't as sandy as everyone else, so I got started on the Lime Cilantro Chicken and Southwestern Quesadillas that we were going to be having for dinner.  I didn't get one picture of that scrumptious food or of our time together eating (Lisa and Sophie came over).  

After everything was cleaned up I finally went upstairs for my shower, and I got right back into my pajamas!

Destiny had fun playing with Thyda's hair.

Ray and sweet Leo.  We all love him so much.  Well, both hims, hahaha!

My next post will be about Sophie's race on Monday, including a GREAT picture of her.  Tomorrow (Friday) she will compete in the long jump.  How I wish we could be there to watch!

2 comments:

Mari said...

What a wonderful family time! I have to tell you that Ray always makes me smile. I can see the mischief in his eyes!

Terri D said...

I have come to just love your family and enjoy so much seeing your photos and hearing your stories of blessed time spent together! Looking forward to tomorrow's post!!