On Saturday our Houserville church had its annual egg hunt event. Because it was also moving day for Anthony and Lori we were not able to help with that. However, I ended up being there anyway, because the best way I could help Anthony and Lori was by taking Austin to it. The egg hunt was held right around the corner at the Houserville Elementary School. The bounce house and food were at the Houserville church. In addition to Austin I had his twin friends, Sienna and Sheree. Even Austin does not know them apart, so he just calls each of them "Twin." What fun I was in for!!
Waiting for the "GO!"
They had different ages of children on different sides of the school building. There were SO many eggs!
Discovering their loot.
It was a very windy day, and the empty plastic eggs kept rolling away!
I then took them over to the church for lunch and some bounce house fun. These three are as cute as can be, but can they ever bicker and fuss! The last thing we did was the bounce house, which they and a few other kids had a blast in. There was no longer a line of kids waiting to get in, so they were allowed to just keep jumping and rolling and diving as long as they wanted. I kept thinking, "I can't believe no one is getting hurt!" And then one of the twins caught Austin on the mouth with her knee. Oh boy, that was the end of the fun.
He was more angry than hurt, and the whole way home to Anthony and Lori's house, he was saying all the mean things he could think of. I kept reminding him that it was an accident, and he needs to just forgive her and get over it. When we got home he went inside to tell his parents the terrible thing that "Twin" had done to him, then he went outside to shoot basketball. The twins stayed in the house. After a while he came to the door and said loudly, "Twins, I forgive you! Do you want to play basketball?" Kids!
The twins' mother came for them, Austin went to his room for some quiet time, and soon the friends helping to move arrived.
As it turned out, I missed all the fun, because I created my own "fun." I don't feel like writing the whole long tale again, so I will just copy and paste it from my Facebook post.
Apparently I did not think that Anthony and Lori's moving was enough excitement for one day. In the middle of it all they sent me to Walmart for more packing tape. At the cash register my phone rang, and it was Anthony asking me to get disposable cups too, which I did.
As I drove away from my parking space I realized my phone was not in my purse or any of my pockets. I quickly circled around, parked again, and ran back into the store straight to my cashier. No, there had not been a phone left in her area. And no, customer service had not had one turned in.
With a sinking feeling I went back to the parking lot and thoroughly searched my car with no results. I drove back to Anthony and Lori's. They NEEDED those cups and packing tape and were probably wondering why it was taking so long.
But actually, when I returned everyone was so involved in loading the truck that no one noticed me or my distress. I managed to get Lori's attention. She said I should definitely go back to Walmart, that the same thing had happened to her numerous times and it had always been turned in. I had just checked too soon.
So back I went. No phone had been turned in. They took Dick's cell number so they could notify him if it were turned in. I retraced my every step, I tried to look through the long stack of grocery carts, I wondered why I had not brought Dick's phone with me so I could have tried to call myself. I hung around customer service a while longer and finally headed back to Anthony and Lori's, feeling horrible. I figured Anthony would know how to locate my phone; he knows how to do everything. But he was in charge of all these movers. How could I bother him with my phone issue in the middle of it all? My biggest fear was that someone had found it and kept it, although they couldn't have used it anyway without knowing my passcode.
When I got back, they were all getting ready to go over to the new place. The plan was that Lori and I would stay behind until Austin woke up from his nap, then we'd pick up pizza and head over.
Just before Anthony took off in his Jeep he asked me for my iCloud login information, which I gave him. After they all left, Lori decided that she was going to go to Walmart and look for my phone. She was positive she would find it in a cart.
While she was there, I got a call from Anthony (I had Dick's phone). He had seen on the "locater" that my phone was indeed somewhere at Walmart. Whew!!!! He said he could remotely make it beep really loud.
I told him to call Lori. I called her too to tell her where all I had been in the store so she could walk around listening for the loud beep.
After a while she called and said it had been turned in at the service desk - someone had found it in a cart. Thank you, Lord, and thank you, honest person at Walmart! And thank you, Lori, for being there, because of all things, in my distress I had not even written Dick's phone number down correctly!! And thank you, Anthony, for taking time in the middle of managing the biggest move of your life to bother with your mom's cell phone crisis.
So once that crisis was over, we woke Austin from his nap, went to pick up the pizza, and went to the new place to feed the hungry workers. Once again, I cannot post pictures of that part of the day. They will not officially own the place until settlement on Friday, so they were just moving furniture and lots of boxes that day. The owner let them use the garage and large "fireplace" room to keep their things in. When we were heading back to their place, Lori said, "I was just thinking that all I feel like doing is relax on the couch, and then I remembered I don't have a couch!" This is not going to be an easy week for them with no place to really call home. They ended up coming to our place that evening.
They knew they were welcome to sleep at our house too, but they went home to try out their new arrangement of air mattress and cot. On Sunday morning they said it had worked out fine.
We had our last hot dog and s'mores roast at their current house last evening. I forgot to take any pictures. I have to tell you what Anthony, in his corny humor, came up with. "If crackers, chocolate, and a marshmallow is called a S'more, what would you call chocolate and a marshmallow without the crackers? S'mless."
After I was home last evening I got a call from Lori's phone. It was Austin. He said, "Grandma, I took a picture of my curly hair, and I'm going to send it to you." In a few seconds, I received this:
Silly boy!
There are pictures and news from other family members too, but I'll try to post again tomorrow. This one is way too long already.







4 comments:
I. Can't. Wait. for pictures :)
I surely understand why you can't post yet. I pray this week of 'in between' goes quickly for them.
Bless you this week!
Well, the simple solution to such trauma is to wear jeans all the time and keep your phone in the pocket. There you have my tip of the day! Can't wait for pictures of their new house.
Oh my - quite a weekend! Austin is a very handsome young man, and those dimples are killers!! Can't wait to see the new house, once the closing is done!
What a weekend! You had fun times, excitement, stress, more fun and relaxation. :) I love the Twin story and of course your phone story made me laugh. Can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment