Monday, March 23, 2015

Snow and money and music

I thought I was done posting snow pictures for this year, but we got about 6 inches of the kind that outlines every branch of every tree on Friday.  I had to admit, as much as I am eager for Spring,  it really was beautiful.  Thankfully, it is all gone already.





As I was doing food prep at Anthony and Lori's house that afternoon, it occurred to me that this was probably (hopefully) the last time I would be looking out at snow from those kitchen windows.  Plans are for settlement mid-April.  I remember the first time I took a picture of snow from their kitchen.

Just a few months after we moved up here in 2009, we had a freak snow storm on October 15th!

We stayed home this weekend.  On Friday after work, Dick and I met at Denny's for dinner.  We love it there.  Lots of people our age getting their senior discount, haha!  Their zesty nachos are so good.

On Saturday morning I spent hours doing all the things that now need to be done as a UMC employee likely to be in contact with children.  I did the clearances a year ago, but the rules have changed here in PA for everyone, and there are lots of hoops to go through, including FBI fingerprinting.  That was a first for me.  Making a list of all the people I had shared a household with since 1975 (including their current ages!), and coming up with the addresses I've lived at since then as well, was interesting and time-consuming.   And actually kind of fun as I thought of foster children and friends who have lived with us.

Yesterday Austin came home with us after church as usual.  They had stopped at a coin show on their way home from church.  Austin is obsessed with money lately, haha!!  So the coins and bills at the show just enthralled him.  Anthony spent $10 on a number of coins and bills for Austin.  He heard Austin whisper as he looked over his goods, "I am so lucky!"

At our house Dick got out his coin collection, and they had fun showing each other their money.

I heard Austin ask, "Did they have 100-dollar bills in the 90's-50's?"  I think he meant the 1950's.   You know, back in the dark ages??  Hahahaha!

He was especially proud of this million-dollar bill.  He said, "Hey Grandpa!  If you want blacktop, I could pay for it with this!"  He must have heard Dick say something about our stony driveway.  I decided I believe we'll be alright with Austin looking out for us.  I'm still cracking up!

After naps Dick took him to the Y for rock wall climbing and swimming and then s'mores by the fire at Anthony and Lori's.   I stayed home to start working on a new song for our praise team at Houserville.  I heard it on Pandora radio this week and thought, "What a great song for Easter!"  Matt Maher's  Because He Lives (Amen).  Here it is.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Imagine the long list I had of places I lived and people I lived with since 1975 - it took me a while to complile, and like you, it was interesting. We had to fill out the criminal background papers a few years ago, and now have an annual meeting at church with all of us who work with children.

Terri D said...

That is a beautiful song. How blessed are we?!!

Austin is adorable. It's so great that he had some special time with grandpa!

Hope those are the last snow photos until next year!! Come on Spring!

Mari said...

I heard there was snow in your area and wondered if you where getting hit. Pretty, but enough!
Oh Austin - he's the best!
I love that song. They've been playing it regularly on the station I listen to.

Cherdecor said...

Your snow scenes are so lovely. Nothing prettier than snow on the pines. We received an inch or two last night. I about freaked out as I watched it land on my tulip leaves....then the sleet...then freezing rain. I hope those little babies make it through. 29 degrees....Brrrr! Where did spring go????

That Austin is the BEST! He will take care of you, I am sure of that!