Anthony and Lori's house was for sale all of four days during which time they had SEVENTEEN showings and 3 offers! On Thursday they accepted one of the offers, and now they await all the behind-the-scenes work of house buying and selling. The plan is for a mid-April settlement. I'm dying to show pictures of the place they're buying, but I'll hold my horses. It ain't easy, I'm tellin' ya!
Dick had a PET scan last week and a follow-up visit with his oncologist this week. Everything looks good and he doesn't need to be seen for six months. Woohoo! His white blood cell count is low, however, so they'll be keeping an eye on that.
In the midst of house showings I had given my key to our house to Anthony and Lori on Monday evening, so they would have a place to eat. (I had to teach piano lessons at Houserville when I left their place.). Well, you guessed it - we forgot to get that key back to me!
On Tuesday evening I left my exercise class after work and went home. Dick was already at The Mommy Shoppe where he volunteers on Tuesday evenings. It didn't take long for me to realize my situation. It was COLD!! I had my slip-on casual shoes on my feet (I'd forgotten my sneakers for exercise class, of all days!). We keep an extra key somewhere that required walking through very deep snow. Ugh!! As I plodded along, my right shoe kept coming off every time I lifted my foot. Then I'd have to put my foot back in the hole in the snow and into my shoe and try again. I kept thinking, "Just take it slow and easy." I had this horrible vision of breaking a leg or something and freezing to death before help could come. I did have my phone in hand, which served as a flashlight when I searched in vain for the key. Double UGH!! So I called Dick, thankfully he answered and gave me instructions where exactly to feel for the key. YES!! I found it! Back through my holes in the snow I slowly went, got to the front door, and alas!! It did not work!! I was on the phone with Dick, and we decided it must be the key for the side door. So around the house I went again, and AT LAST got inside! I was FREEZING!!! When I took my shoes off it looked like I had white (snow) inner soles in them!! Dick got my key back from Anthony and Lori before he came home later, and I really didn't suffer any damage, haha!!
We are now on our way to Sam and Jenn's. We haven't seen them for a whole month.
We're also going to spend tomorrow afternoon with Dick's parents.
Somewhere in there we're hoping to spend time with Destiny too. My plan was to take her home with us tomorrow evening since she would have off school Monday for Presidents Day. But I guess they've already had too many snow days and are using Monday as a snow make-up day.
I had also hoped to finally see Bjorn for the first time since before Christmas, but he's on a youth retreat with Manheim BIC for the weekend. I know he'll have a great time.
Now a few pictures. Sammy's daycare had a Valentine's ball today. Look at this handsome little man!
Can't wait to see him! And this little girlie who greets me with her bright smile when I turn my computer on at work!
Have a good weekend!


3 comments:
Uuugh! I could feel your pain as you looked for the key. Poor feet!
Love the picture of Sammy and Bianca. Have fun with them. :)
Well, you know me! I cannot wait for those pictures of Lori and Anthony's new house!!!! I am nuts about design and layout! I know that this one is going to be a beauty!
I have been praying for a good test result for Dick and I am so glad that he got a good report. Praise the Lord!
Sorry, but I had to laugh as I followed you all the way through the snow. You and Heather are just alike. Did I ever tell you about the time she got sick on the city bus? It was so funny but at the same time, I felt so sorry for her but she was too far away from me to help her. Same here, wish I could have helped you in some way, but I am too far away to help you.
I bet Sammy LOVED his party and if there was music, he would have turned everyone's head. He is such a cutie! AND Bianca, too!
Happy Valentines Day!
Oh my, your treck through the snow in inappropriate shoes makes me shiver!! Glad you were able to get into the warm house! We have a digital code pad for our garage (attached to the house), so keys aren't necessary - unless the power is out. I wouldn't have to worry about snow, though. Still shivering! Your grandchildren all all gorgeous!
Post a Comment