Sunday, January 25, 2015

Birthdays and snow

January 25 is a big day for Dick and me.  It's the day we became parents forty-one years ago.  Sometimes I wish we could live those wonderful years all over again.

Dick took this picture of Lisa and me just a few minutes after she was born.  My heart was just bursting, and I didn't think it was possible to be happier or to feel more love.  Too bad her first sight of me was in those glasses, hahahaha!

Yesterday was TEN years that Lisa and George became parents!  Here are some recent pictures of Sophie that I just love.  First of all, on her birthday yesterday.  Just look at that beautiful smile!  And she is every bit as sweet as that face!

Here she was singing on stage at church last month!  That was a first for her.

Following are two amazing gymnastics pictures from this past season.  What a girl!!


Earlier this past week we had another birthday in our family - Jenn's.  We love her so much and are so glad she is in our family.  This is a great picture Sammy took of Sam and Jenn at Thanksgiving.

We had about four inches of snow Friday night.  When I woke up I walked around the house and took pictures out  my windows.  Yes, I know.  You've seen them all before.  But I just can't help myself.



And then I decided to take a picture of my breakfast nook.  I love it.

And while I'm showing windows.  Jeremy gave me a choice of soy candles at Christmas.  I picked one because I liked its Macintosh Apple fragrance.  Afterward I thought,  "Where will I put a pink candle in my house?"  Then I knew.  Our master bath has shades of pink in the curtain and shower curtain.  I pull the blind up and light the candle almost every morning as I do my face and hair.  It makes me happy.

This evening Lori and Austin came here to hang out.  Anthony is away on business.  Austin needs his daddy to wrestle with, but Lori fills in!

I challenged him to a game of checkers.  He won.  And not because I didn't give him a challenge.  He doesn't miss a trick.

So it seems we are to be getting more snow tonight and tomorrow.  Anthony is supposed to be flying home from CA tomorrow.  I wonder how that will go.   

Today Jeremy was to be flying home to DC from Portland, OR where the headquarters of his new company are located.  I haven't heard otherwise, so I assume he made it.   Here's a picture he took out there yesterday at a place called Multnomah (according to the comments people made.)  He says it's so beautiful out there.  I sure am hoping we don't lose him to the west coast!

Happy last week of January!

3 comments:

Mari said...

Sophie is changing so much. She's beautiful and I'm glad she's continuing the family singing tradition.
I love your nook too - it looks so cozy.
Happy Birthday to Jen!
That picture from Jeremy is simply gorgeous!

Terri D said...

Your breakfast nook looks so cozy! Makes me want to share a cup of coffee and some good conversation! You have such a beautiful family! Hope everyone traveling arrives safely home. This weather is nasty today!!

Cherdecor said...

That Sophie is a doll! I loved looking at her pictures.

Happy Birthday to Jen! She looks like a happy person.

I pray that Anthony gets home safely and doesn't have to spend nights in an airport.

Your nook is so pretty. I have a file for the pictures of the rooms in your house. I am such a nut! I do things like that. I must copy the picture of your nook and add it to your file. Jeremy would understand. Ha! Ha!

Oh, Portland must be a beautiful place. I have seen other pics from there and like this one, they were breath taking.