Thursday, November 06, 2014

Good travel day

Our day of travel went well. After the drama that accompanied my last two trips to Florida, I was in no mood for taking chances.  

We were scheduled to leave BWI at 11:20, and we left home at 5:15!  Because we've had bad experiences with traffic tie-ups around Harrisburg, also on 83, and of course on the beltway, we decided this time to go the long way by Altoona, Bedford, Breezewood, and on into Maryland - the way we usually go to DC.  It was so much better!  And it meant we were on the beltway only a short distance.  We had our car parked, our bags checked, had gone through security, and were ready for breakfast 90 minutes before we were to fly.   I like it that way!

Our flights to Atlanta and then to Tampa were on time and were smooth.  We were in Tampa by 3:30 this afternoon. 

Lisa picked us up, and we went right to Sophie's school to pick her up.  

We had a relaxing evening here at Lisa's, just catching up and doing a few little projects.   Sitting by the pool is just what the doctor ordered!



I had a lot of fun with Sophie learning new games and things on her iPad. 

 
And now I need to SLEEP!

1 comment:

Terri D said...

Welcome to Florida!! I'm glad your travel all went well, and that our weather is cooperating!! Have fun!