Friday, October 03, 2014

T.G.I.F.

It's Friday again!  And I'm excited again!!  But first, a few things in honor of our 43rd anniversary yesterday.

This picture of our bridal party.  I LOVED getting married in the fall.  There simply are not more amazing colors than those of colored leaves.  I tried to incorporate them all - orange and brown for the bridesmaids, harvest gold for the gift receivers, red for my guest registrars, dark green for our mothers, various shades of green for my waitresses.  

Here are some fun facts I shared on Facebook yesterday.

Wedding trivia fact #1: I had only 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before my wedding, because apparently it was so important for the next sister in line to inherit my space in the "big girls' bedroom" that I had to go through and clean out all my stuff in all the drawers and closet before I could leave on my honeymoon. 

Wedding trivia fact #2: Musical instruments were not allowed in most Mennonite churches or in the chapel at Lancaster Mennonite High School where our wedding took place. But, by golly, I wanted piano music by my friend Teresa Clemmer somehow. So we enlisted the aid of our dads and brothers and loaded my parents' piano onto Dick's dad's "bread truck" and hauled it to the school cafeteria where our reception was held. I wonder if we paid them anything for their services?

Wedding trivia fact # 3: It rained like crazy the day of our wedding. In order to get from the girls' dormitory (where my girls and I got ready) to the chapel, just across the driveway, my brother-in-law, Elvin Peifer, took me in his car. When I got out of his car at the chapel door, there stood Dick, grinning from ear to ear. He wasn't supposed to see me yet!! What was he doing there at that moment anyway??

Wedding trivia fact #4: My dad made me giggle during his meditation. He always had trouble pronouncing the letter v. It would come out sounding like a w. But during his meditation he talked about something being a "very valuable virtue to develop" and he said that slowly, with each v pronounced correctly. In my mind I pictured him sitting in his study practicing that phrase, and I could hardly hold in my giggles.

And now for the excitement of this weekend!  We'll be leaving from Dick's shop at 4:30 today and heading to Bjorn's football game at Manheim Central.  Meanwhile, Lisa and Sophie have been flying from Tampa to BWI this morning and are being picked up by Jeremy, and they will be then driving to Manheim Central for the game as well!  

Dick is taking off work tomorrow morning so we can stay down overnight, and we'll be hanging out at Sam and Jenn's part of tomorrow.  Anthony and Austin will be joining us too (Lori is on a work trip), as well as Bjorn.  I'm packing some goodies, and I gotta get busy now.  Lots of pictures next time!

3 comments:

Doris said...

Oh my, I should join Dale and Ellen at the game so I can see all you you too! I just don't enjoy football though :(
I know you will have a great time. How fun for your family!!

Mari said...

I've enjoyed your wedding trivia on FB this week! My sister was anxious to get into my room too, but she did wait until after we got back from our honeymoon and could move my things out. :)
I know you'll have a great weekend!

Cherdecor said...

What a great weekend with Lisa, Sophie and Jeremy in the mix. Have a great time. Waiting for pictures.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! You are two wonderful people!