Friday, October 31, 2014

More football and cookies

A busy, fun weekend coming up!  Dick and I will be driving to Manheim for Bjorn's game later today. It's his last regular season home game, but there will be play-off games.  Please, Lord!  No traffic tie-ups this time!

Meanwhile, Jeremy and Mike and some friends will be making the trip here from DC.  They're coming up for the Penn State game tomorrow, and they're taking Dick to it with them!  He has only gotten to one game before, so that will be really special.  

I'm sure they will get here this evening before we get back from Bjorn's game (hopefully around midnight.)  But I made sure there would be something here for them to eat.  (-:

We have been having a wonderfully mild fall.  It hasn't been good for the leaves - they are not as brilliant as some years.  But my flowers are still just blooming away!  My rose bush has enough buds to keep blooming till Christmas, haha!

We usually have big, bushy marigolds along the front of the house by this time.  But there weren't many marigolds left by the time Dick went flower shopping earlier this summer, so he got a variety instead.  They're not as big, but I like all the different colors.  I just dread when everything turns brown.  But then it will soon be time for Christmas lights to cheer up the outside of the house!

Gotta run!

2 comments:

Mari said...

I think Fall is ended here. It's snowing and so windy!
Have fun tonight!

Terri D said...

Sounds like fun times ahead this weekend! I hope all your teams win their games!