Friday morning already! No trip to a football game tonight. The Manheim Central Barons have an away game, and I'm sure we will once again be keeping close tabs on the game via the live blog.
We will, however, be traveling to Lancaster County tomorrow after Dick gets off work at noon. I have my Lancaster Mennonite High School 45th class reunion. I haven't been to a reunion in 15 years, and in the mean time I have lost touch with everyone in my class except for one! I'm not quite sure how that happened in this age of FB!
We had fun yesterday when I posted my senior picture from the yearbook on FB. Lisa said that she loves to tease Jeremy about being a hipster, but she sees he inherited it from me, haha! So I made a collage of Dick and I in our big glasses of that era and Jeremy in his big glasses of this era. Not too much different! I think I may possibly still have those glasses somewhere around here! I should take them along tomorrow!
Speaking of Jeremy - remember that unique lighting fixture he came up with for a restaurant he has been designing? Well, here's a view of the inside - Driftwood Kitchen. I'm sure we'll get to eat there sometime. He does such good work, but I hate how stressful and demanding his jobs are.
The other night I messaged Sam and Jenn that I was dying for a picture of Bianca. Immediately I got this one from Jenn.
Followed by this one from Sam, haha!
They're so funny! Then they obliged me and sent me some more.
I'm so eager to see and hold and kiss her! Maybe we can squeeze in a little time before my reunion tomorrow.
Here are some cool sky pictures I took this week.
So many times I post things on FB that never make it to this blog - just because it takes longer to post here. But here are a few that I'll just copy and paste if I can.
So this is how we "old" people start rumors. The other day I saw a taxi
sitting in front of our neighbor's house. I said, "Hmmmm. I wonder
if there's something wrong with Rick's car." Dick wondered why, and I
told him about the taxi. Shortly afterward I said, "I guess it picked
him up, because there it goes." This morning Dick said, "I saw Rick
outside last evening." I wondered what's so unusual about that. He
answered, "Well, you said he left in an ambulance the other day."
This very sore cut on my thumb constantly reminds me of the ridiculous
situation I was in a few days ago. I decided to check out Chicos -
never been there before. I felt terribly frumpy, but I happened to
notice that the store was in a strip mall close to my bank, so why not
stop in after going to the bank? No one would know me anyway. It was
raining steadily, so I grabbed one of the umbrellas in my car and went
in. I was immediately greeted by a sales associate, and I listened
to her little speech, all the while trying to collapse that umbrella.
It absolutely refused to stay collapsed, and in the process of trying to
force it into submission, I felt a really painful jab on my thumb.
Well, forget it! I decided to take the stupid umbrella out to the car
and run back in in the rain. But just as I got out there the rain
started coming down really hard. So I grabbed my other umbrella and went
back in again. I had barely looked at anything when a sales associate
asked if she could help me. I started asking about the sizing when I
looked at my stinging thumb and realized there was blood all over it!!
As the sweet girl explained the sizing I was desperately looking in my
purse for something, ANYTHING I could use, and pulled out my grocery
list and wrapped it around my thumb!! When she ended by saying that
they carry no petite sizes in the store, I politely made my exit. I
don't think I was supposed to shop there anyway.
At Fillmore UMC we are starting up the choir season after a summer
break. I decided that to get off to an easy start we would use some
echo-style songs that require very little harmony learning. One of
those is an old scripture chorus, "Unto Thee, O Lord." After going
through it successfully last evening at practice, a certain man in the
choir named J Richard Stauffer,
always the funny guy, said, "I see this song was written in 1972. I
was wondering if we could update it a little and instead of saying,'Oh
my God' we'd say, 'OMG'." Hahahahahaha!! Can you imagine? "OMG! I
trust in Thee!" It even rhymes! Did we ever have a little fun with
that! Can you believe that husband of mine??
Have a great weekend!









4 comments:
I love the photo collage! The pictures of Bianca are so cute, and Sam and Jen have a great sense of humor. So do you!
That beautiful girl is adorable. Love the OMG joke. Very cute. Maybe you really should work it in, just once, and see if anyone notices!
What a cute photo collage! I agree, Jeremy does do such good work! You and your life are always a HOOT!
That first picture of Bianca made me laugh. It looks like she has one hand on her hip and the other telling us something with attitude. She is so cute!
Post a Comment